[Support] Djoss - Nginx Proxy Manager

Djoss

37 minutes ago, bigdave said:

No, it's Auto.  Changing it now.

Changed it to Yes, same happens.

Installing MariaDB/MySQL system tables in '/config/mysql' ...
2019-01-02 10:53:35 22395577351048 [ERROR] InnoDB: preallocating 12582912 bytes for file ./ibdata1 failed with error 95
2019-01-02 10:53:35 22395577351048 [ERROR] InnoDB: Could not set the file size of './ibdata1'. Probably out of disk space
2019-01-02 10:53:35 22395577351048 [ERROR] InnoDB: Database creation was aborted with error Generic error. You may need to delete the ibdata
1 file before trying to start up again.
2019-01-02 10:53:36 22395577351048 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
2019-01-02 10:53:36 22395577351048 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
2019-01-02 10:53:36 22395577351048 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB
2019-01-02 10:53:36 22395577351048 [ERROR] Aborting

22 minutes ago, bigdave said:

Changed it to Yes, same happens.

Installing MariaDB/MySQL system tables in '/config/mysql' ...
2019-01-02 10:53:35 22395577351048 [ERROR] InnoDB: preallocating 12582912 bytes for file ./ibdata1 failed with error 95
2019-01-02 10:53:35 22395577351048 [ERROR] InnoDB: Could not set the file size of './ibdata1'. Probably out of disk space
2019-01-02 10:53:35 22395577351048 [ERROR] InnoDB: Database creation was aborted with error Generic error. You may need to delete the ibdata
1 file before trying to start up again.
2019-01-02 10:53:36 22395577351048 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
2019-01-02 10:53:36 22395577351048 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
2019-01-02 10:53:36 22395577351048 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB
2019-01-02 10:53:36 22395577351048 [ERROR] Aborting

“Auto” is the correct value to use.

Is there anything special about your appdata share?

I'm sadly unable to use this docker. I'd love to port my existing NGINX setup over for the ease/simplicity. When I configure it with a custom IP I can't access the page, nor can I access it with bridge/host? Is there anything special needed to initially deploy the container? From the log it looks like everything starts ok. What information would be relevant to get the best assistance?

On 12/29/2018 at 5:12 PM, Djoss said:

Even after a couple of minutes?

I've now let it try for a week, it still sitting here:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-app-script.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-script.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-app-user-map.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-user-map.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-tmp-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-tmp-dir.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-set-app-deps.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-set-app-deps.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-set-home.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-set-home.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-take-config-ownership.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-take-config-ownership.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] nginx-proxy-manager.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] nginx-proxy-manager.sh: Initializing database data directory...
[cont-init.d] nginx-proxy-manager.sh: Database data directory initialized.
[cont-init.d] nginx-proxy-manager.sh: Starting database to perform its intialization...
[cont-init.d] nginx-proxy-manager.sh: Securing database installation...

On 1/1/2019 at 4:58 PM, Djoss said:

Can you provide log/init_db.log from the appdata folder?

Sorry, missed your response - the init_db.log is currently 12GB in size, little unwieldy

Looks like 12GB of this:

Enter current password for root (enter for none): 
stty: standard input: Not a tty
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Edited by Michael_P
18 hours ago, MrPotter said:

I'm sadly unable to use this docker. I'd love to port my existing NGINX setup over for the ease/simplicity. When I configure it with a custom IP I can't access the page, nor can I access it with bridge/host? Is there anything special needed to initially deploy the container? From the log it looks like everything starts ok. What information would be relevant to get the best assistance?

So you create the container with default settings and you are not able to access the management interface?  How do you try access it?

3 hours ago, Michael_P said:

Sorry, missed your response - the init_db.log is currently 12GB in size, little unwieldy

Looks like 12GB of this:

Enter current password for root (enter for none): 
stty: standard input: Not a tty
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

And what do you have before this flood of logs?

Also, make sure Settings -> Global Share Settings -> Tunable (enable DirectIO) is set to Auto.

Finally, how is configured your appdata share?

I'm definitely missing something here...

So, I've installed NPM using the CA option in Unraid, and then I copied the config.json into /mnt/user/appdata/NginxProxyManager. After that, I went to DuckDNS and set up a new subdomain (e.g. "phishfiSonarr"), then in NPM I added phishfiSonarr.duckdns.org and pointed it to local.unraid.ip.address (unraid's IP address on my internal network, port 8989 (Sonarr default). I went without an access list or SSL setting just to get it working first, but nothing's showing up (when I click/browse to phishfiSonarr.duckdns.org, it times out).

Please let me know what I'm missing. Based on all the other comments, it's clear I must be missing something easy here, but I read through the readme, all the comments, and the issues on Github and I'm stuck.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, phishfi said:

and then I copied the config.json into /mnt/user/appdata/NginxProxyManager

Why this?

After that, I went to DuckDNS and set up a new subdomain (e.g. "phishfiSonarr")

Did you verify that the DNS name resolves to the correct IP (should be your internet/public IP)?

then in NPM I added phishfiSonarr.duckdns.org and pointed it to local.unraid.ip.address (unraid's IP address on my internal network, port 8989 (Sonarr default). I went without an access list or SSL setting just to get it working first, but nothing's showing up (when I click/browse to phishfiSonarr.duckdns.org, it times out).

Are you using default container settings?

Are you sure that ports 80 and 443 are properly forwarded to the container?

1 minute ago, Djoss said:

Why this?

Reading through the readme, I thought it said the container would not work without setting up your own config file. After getting the "internal error" from attempting to create an SSL cert, I assumed that was a potential cause.

Did you verify that the DNS name resolves to the correct IP (should be your internet/public IP)?

I did. When I browsed to the DDNS link, it shows the "Congratulations" site indicating Nginx is working and accessible.328127773_Annotation2019-01-07192558.thumb.jpg.3e07bbaf4e10320875c5926c43e6b441.jpg

I see this congrats page, even though I have NPM set to direct this DuckDNS subdomain to one of my Docker apps (Ombi, this time, if that makes a difference).

Are you using default container settings?

I am. For the sake of simplifying this whole thing, I've gone with ports 80 and 443 directly, and I've ordered my router to point those ports to my unraid server.

Are you sure that ports 80 and 443 are properly forwarded to the container?

See above (yes).

Thanks for your help!

14 minutes ago, phishfi said:

Reading through the readme, I thought it said the container would not work without setting up your own config file. After getting the "internal error" from attempting to create an SSL cert, I assumed that was a potential cause.

I did. When I browsed to the DDNS link, it shows the "Congratulations" site indicating Nginx is working and accessible.328127773_Annotation2019-01-07192558.thumb.jpg.3e07bbaf4e10320875c5926c43e6b441.jpg

I see this congrats page, even though I have NPM set to direct this DuckDNS subdomain to one of my Docker apps (Ombi, this time, if that makes a difference).

I am. For the sake of simplifying this whole thing, I've gone with ports 80 and 443 directly, and I've ordered my router to point those ports to my unraid server.

See above (yes).

Thanks for your help!

It seems to have a mismatch between the configured DNS name of the proxy host and your DuckDNS domain.  The congrats page is shown when you reach NPM through an unconfigured IP/DNS name.

Are you testing from your local network?

So I am unable to get this addon to change used port on unraid. The container from the apps tab is requiring ports 8080/8181/4443 and I need them to be on the regular ports as I want to use this inside my network as opposed to accessing through my gateway. So I have no way to forward the ports. I have tried everything I can think of to make this change ports. Admittedly this is not the first app I have had this issue with, but this one is the most important one. I can usually work around other ports not wanting to change because this one is suppose to help me circumvent having to remember all the ports.

Basically, I've configured all the ports with the default, and it works fine. I've deleted all the configs and tried adjusting the ports. They don't adjust and everything works on the default ports listed above. I deleted the default ports and assign the ports parameter manually for 80/81/443 and nothing changed. I then attempt to create those ports using the docker command that runs to start this container, assigning the ports as environment variables instead of port. This also had no effect. I then deleted all port configuration from the page, and it STILL assigned default values listed above. Every time I start anew by deleting the old config directory and trying again. At this point I'm pulling my hair out.

So next I dropped to (unraid) command line and ran the docker run command to spin up this container (both my way without all the environment variables, and then the way the original command showed, but changing the ports) and it still used the default ports listed above.. I then went into docker exec into the container and manually adjusted the /etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf, and nginx attemps to listen on that port, but it's unable to for permissions reasons, despite giving the container admin privileges. 

No matter what I do, I cannot get this container listening on ports 80/81/443.. Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated. This application has a beautiful UI and it's so simple to use. 

Thanks 

5 hours ago, oicydwa said:

So I am unable to get this addon to change used port on unraid. The container from the apps tab is requiring ports 8080/8181/4443 and I need them to be on the regular ports as I want to use this inside my network as opposed to accessing through my gateway. So I have no way to forward the ports. I have tried everything I can think of to make this change ports. Admittedly this is not the first app I have had this issue with, but this one is the most important one. I can usually work around other ports not wanting to change because this one is suppose to help me circumvent having to remember all the ports.

Basically, I've configured all the ports with the default, and it works fine. I've deleted all the configs and tried adjusting the ports. They don't adjust and everything works on the default ports listed above. I deleted the default ports and assign the ports parameter manually for 80/81/443 and nothing changed. I then attempt to create those ports using the docker command that runs to start this container, assigning the ports as environment variables instead of port. This also had no effect. I then deleted all port configuration from the page, and it STILL assigned default values listed above. Every time I start anew by deleting the old config directory and trying again. At this point I'm pulling my hair out.

So next I dropped to (unraid) command line and ran the docker run command to spin up this container (both my way without all the environment variables, and then the way the original command showed, but changing the ports) and it still used the default ports listed above.. I then went into docker exec into the container and manually adjusted the /etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf, and nginx attemps to listen on that port, but it's unable to for permissions reasons, despite giving the container admin privileges. 

No matter what I do, I cannot get this container listening on ports 80/81/443.. Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated. This application has a beautiful UI and it's so simple to use. 

Thanks 

When you create/install the container, all you need to do is set "Web UI Port", "HTTP Port" and "HTTPs Port" configuration settings and then click the "Apply" button.  If at this point you get an error, then you probably have another application running on the same port(s).

1 hour ago, Djoss said:

When you create/install the container, all you need to do is set "Web UI Port", "HTTP Port" and "HTTPs Port" configuration settings and then click the "Apply" button.  If at this point you get an error, then you probably have another application running on the same port(s).

I kinda figured with all the stuff I was doing that it was a no-brainer that I of course tried that first. And I know it's not a port conflict, as I'm using br0 a true bridged interface to give it an IP on my physical network. The issue is that changing the configuration doesn't have any effect on the container. I changed the port numbers every which way I could think of, and nothing worked. 

8 minutes ago, oicydwa said:

I kinda figured with all the stuff I was doing that it was a no-brainer that I of course tried that first. And I know it's not a port conflict, as I'm using br0 a true bridged interface to give it an IP on my physical network. The issue is that changing the configuration doesn't have any effect on the container. I changed the port numbers every which way I could think of, and nothing worked. 

Other than the 3 ports, all other settings are kept the their default value?

Note that what you configure is mappings between host ports and container ports.  So internally, the container itself always use the same ports (4443, 8080, 8181).

3 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Other than the 3 ports, all other settings are kept the their default value?

Note that what you configure is mappings between host ports and container ports.  So internally, the container itself always use the same ports (4443, 8080, 8181).

Yes

Just now, Djoss said:

So if you set the "Web UI Port" to 8181, you can't access the management interface via [unRAID IP]:8181 ?

Can you provide a screenshot of your container config and its entry under the Docker page?

That's not the problem....... I stated in my original post that everything works fine on the default ports. The problem is I cannot change the ports. When I change the host side of the port settings, it will not adjust accordingly. So.... when I change host port 8080 to 80, it is still listening on port 8080. When I open a browser and go to <ip address>:80 it does not work, but I still have to go to <ip address>:8080. This will not work for me, as I need this for internal proxying through my dns. My dns cannot tell the client 'oh by the way, you have to proxy this on port 8080'

6 minutes ago, oicydwa said:

That's not the problem....... I stated in my original post that everything works fine on the default ports. The problem is I cannot change the ports. When I change the host side of the port settings, it will not adjust accordingly. So.... when I change host port 8080 to 80, it is still listening on port 8080. When I open a browser and go to <ip address>:80 it does not work, but I still have to go to <ip address>:8080. This will not work for me, as I need this for internal proxying through my dns. My dns cannot tell the client 'oh by the way, you have to proxy this on port 8080'

What you are describing sounds like if the "Network Type" was not set to "Bridge".  Is it the case?

37 minutes ago, Djoss said:

What you are describing sounds like if the "Network Type" was not set to "Bridge".  Is it the case?

I'm fairly certain I mentioned in a previous post that I'm using interface br0. But why would this make a difference? It is a bridged interface.

6 minutes ago, oicydwa said:

I'm fairly certain I mentioned in a previous post that I'm using interface br0. But why would this make a difference? It is a bridged interface.

The Docker "bridge" network type is not a bridged network.  It is a standalone network with its own router (the docker engine).  This provides an additional level of isolation and allows you to map/use any ports, not only the ones used by the container itself.  See https://docs.docker.com/network/bridge/ for more details.

The custom br0 mode (aka macvlan network, see https://docs.docker.com/network/macvlan/) attaches the container directly to your local network, with its own IP and mac address.  Thus, ports used by the container are directly available/accessible on the local network and you lost the ability to configure them.  Changing ports would mean to change the container itself (config files, source code, etc).

This could be an upstream issue, but I would like some assistance on this issue i'm getting. I see the following error in the container log when trying to generate a LE certificate;

Failed authorization procedure. files.EXAMPLE.COM (http-01): urn:acme:error:unauthorized :: The client lacks sufficient authorization :: Invalid response from http://files.EXAMPLE.COM/.well-known/acme-challenge/W_MfE8aFBmUUTf_oyaosqnvg1BWnrO7HWocn-fKeGeQ: "<!DOCTYPE html>\n<!--[if lt IE 7]> <html class=\"no-js ie6 oldie\" lang=\"en-US\"> <![endif]-->\n<!--[if IE 7]> <html class=\"no-js "

I have verified the following:

The domain points to the correct IP.

Ports 80 and 443 are open according to yougetsignal.com

Ports 80 and 443 are forwarded to ports 1880 and 18443 on UNRAID IP.

I'm using Cloudflare as DNS provider. This used to work fine a few months ago.

Could anyone suggest further troubleshooting steps?

EDIT:

Fixed it! Make sure to disable "Always Use HTTPS"  and "Automatic HTTPS Rewrites" in Cloudflare. I can now generate LE certificates without issues.

Edited by salontafel
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Djoss said:

The Docker "bridge" network type is not a bridged network.  It is a standalone network with its own router (the docker engine).  This provides an additional level of isolation and allows you to map/use any ports, not only the ones used by the container itself.  See https://docs.docker.com/network/bridge/ for more details.

The custom br0 mode (aka macvlan network, see https://docs.docker.com/network/macvlan/) attaches the container directly to your local network, with its own IP and mac address.  Thus, ports used by the container are directly available/accessible on the local network and you lost the ability to configure them.  Changing ports would mean to change the container itself (config files, source code, etc).

I know how macvlan works. I just had esxi installed with docker running on fedora and all my containers were setup for macvlan. Everything was working fine, once I figured out how to do what I wanted it to do. Even had NginxProxyManager setup. However, I don't understand why the external port cannot be changed on a macvlan connection with some containers like this one on unraid. In order to run this proxy manager, I am forced to use non standard http and https ports or risk port conflicts, and standard http and https ports on this one container are the most crucial because everything else I can just proxy. However when I was running it in docker on fedora I was able to adjust the external ports just fine. I don't understand how that functionality is lost simply because of the platform I'm running it on?!

8 hours ago, Djoss said:

I know how macvlan works. I just had esxi installed with docker running on fedora and all my containers were setup for macvlan. Everything was working fine, once I figured out how to do what I wanted it to do. Even had NginxProxyManager setup. However, I don't understand why the external port cannot be changed on a macvlan connection with some containers like this one on unraid. In order to run this proxy manager, I am forced to use non standard http and https ports or risk port conflicts, and standard http and https ports on this one container are the most crucial because everything else I can just proxy. However when I was running it in docker on fedora I was able to adjust the external ports just fine. I don't understand how that functionality is lost simply because of the platform I'm running it on?!

<edit>

As for changing the ports means changing the container, i disagree. I only want to change the external ports.