[Support] Djoss - Nginx Proxy Manager

Djoss

On 5/18/2019 at 9:16 PM, SoloLab said:

First off sorry for the really late reply, hope someone can still help. 

1938306502_ScreenShot2019-05-18at8_05_29PM.png.3f1c49635625216dc440975d9e48a5b5.png

This setup will not work. I get The following error 

1595639049_ScreenShot2019-05-18at8_11_36PM.thumb.png.873589efb09ab53933332401a9495c63.png

But if I change the Scheme to HTTP: I can externally access it, but if I go to the nav bar and directly add the `s` to the URL, it still works. 

The "Scheme" setting configures the way your internal service is accessed.  It doesn't impact how it is accessed externally (from the internet).

On 5/20/2019 at 11:14 AM, Djoss said:

Can you confirm that you are still getting the error and if yes take the content of /mnt/user/a ppdata/NginxProxyManager/nginx/resolvers.conf at that moment?

Not getting the error although the original issue stands. Can't connect to the domain name from the docker.

15 hours ago, eds said:

Not getting the error although the original issue stands. Can't connect to the domain name from the docker.

So nextcloud is not able to resolve the DNS name?  Did you try to seek support from the nextcloud's thread?

2 hours ago, Djoss said:

So nextcloud is not able to resolve the DNS name?  Did you try to seek support from the nextcloud's thread?

I did, but putting nextcloud aside for a moment,  from NPM, I am still unable to resolve my domain name or any of the subdomains. 

Shouldn't I be able to wget: https://mydomainname.com or wget https://mydomain.domainname.com from the npm console?  When I try I get: 

bad address 'mydomainname.com'

4 hours ago, eds said:

I did, but putting nextcloud aside for a moment,  from NPM, I am still unable to resolve my domain name or any of the subdomains. 

Shouldn't I be able to wget: https://mydomainname.com or wget https://mydomain.domainname.com from the npm console?  When I try I get: 

bad address 'mydomainname.com'

Can your domain names be resolved using this service?: https://mxtoolbox.com/DNSLookup.aspx

Has anyone been able to get this to work with Plex?  I've gotten Grafana and a bunch of others working, but Plex just redirects back to my main Unraid page.  I just use an invalid TLD locally without SSL.  With a local DNS server as well, this traffic never goes outside my network.

Unraid is on 8008, and Plex is on its usual 32400.

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 1.03.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 1.04.52 AM.png

Edited by Gizmotoy
On 5/24/2019 at 4:06 AM, Gizmotoy said:

Has anyone been able to get this to work with Plex?  I've gotten Grafana and a bunch of others working, but Plex just redirects back to my main Unraid page.  I just use an invalid TLD locally without SSL.  With a local DNS server as well, this traffic never goes outside my network.

Unraid is on 8008, and Plex is on its usual 32400.

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 1.03.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 1.04.52 AM.png

You don't need to use a custom location.  Just set the forwarding IP to 10.0.1.100, the port to 32400 and make sure web socket support is enabled.

14 minutes ago, Djoss said:

You don't need to use a custom location.  Just set the forwarding IP to 10.0.1.100, the port to 32400 and make sure web socket support is enabled.

Hmm.  That does work, but only if I don't need access to Unraid itself.  That makes Plex work, but it then breaks Unraid's Main even if I then set up a custom location for that.  There's many inter-dependancies.  This is tricky.

Edited by Gizmotoy
5 minutes ago, Gizmotoy said:

Hmm.  That does work, but only if I don't need access to Unraid itself.  That makes Plex work, but it then breaks Unraid's Main even if I then set up a custom location for that.  There's many inter-dependancies.  This is tricky.

Ah I didn't realized that you had this type of setup.  The easiest way is to use a DNS name for each service.  But, if you want to put Plex under a subfolder, try (with the initial config you shared) ) to set the forward ip to "10.0.1.100/" (ending slash is important).

I'm having some trouble getting iframes to display properly in Organizr. Chrome is telling me X-Frame-Options are set to deny, even though I added that as an environment variable and set it to "sameorigin", per the github docs. I can access each subdomain individually, I just can't get past the X-Frame error. I must be missing something. Can anyone help out?

image.thumb.png.32f02d2561e9de66bbd6e6262f8d8790.png

21 hours ago, Djoss said:

You seem to have an issue with DNS resolution.  Maybe your router?  Can you run nslookup on other machine than unRAID ?

If you mean run the command

nslookup

then it comes up with default server and address.

If I run

nslookup <mydomainname.com> 

then I get dns request timed out.   Can't find address for server....

On 5/26/2019 at 1:14 PM, JoeCan2 said:

I'm having some trouble getting iframes to display properly in Organizr. Chrome is telling me X-Frame-Options are set to deny, even though I added that as an environment variable and set it to "sameorigin", per the github docs. I can access each subdomain individually, I just can't get past the X-Frame error. I must be missing something. Can anyone help out?

image.thumb.png.32f02d2561e9de66bbd6e6262f8d8790.png

This option only allow Nginx Proxy Manager to be loaded inside an iframe within Organizr.  It this what you are looking for?

On 5/28/2019 at 3:47 PM, ProphetSe7en said:

Can I use this with some sort of authentication like I can with LE so everything is behind username:password?

Yes you can.

On 5/28/2019 at 3:47 PM, ProphetSe7en said:

Is it possible to use it with F2B?

It's possible, by making logs of NginxProxyManager available to fail2ban.  But note that Fail2ban is not integrated in the image.

Hey! 

I started testing this docker, and it's super cool. :)

But it is possible that you can change SSL Protocols and Cipher Suite yourself?

And use letsencrypt 4096 bit key?

If possible, I will move everything from the letsencrypt docker to the Nginx Proxy Manager.

Just info:
And if you use this for your unraid remember to add ( proxy_buffering off; ) and ( allow your-local-network-ip/24; deny all; )

under "Custom Nginx Configuration" 

So you can see the text when you update a docker / the server, and block people from outside, to access your server

And keep up the good job! :D

All my subdomains stopped working suddenly. I went through the whole container and could not find anysettings that were off. also, checked my cloudflare account, CDN is off and only running on DNS. 

I get this error when it starts, and it continually shows that error the rest of the time container is running.

nginx: [emerg] BIO_new_file("/etc/letsencrypt/live/npm-12/fullchain.pem") failed (SSL: error:02FFF002:system library:func(4095):No such file or directory:fopen('/etc/letsencrypt/live/npm-12/fullchain.pem', 'r') error:20FFF080:BIO routines:CRYPTO_internal:no such file)

any ideas on how to get this file? I don't even have a lettsencrypt folder in my /etc/ dir

17 hours ago, Djoss said:

Then you should look at your router/dns server for any issue/misconfiguration...

Any idea where I should start looking?  I have an asus RT-AC68W router running Merlin.    What configurations should I have (note the same domain name is being used as dnns in the router)?