[Support] Djoss - Nginx Proxy Manager

Djoss

On 2/23/2020 at 3:28 AM, Djoss said:

Would you like to share to config you tried?

I think I I mistook what the program was for. I have the need to have 3 to 4 sites an something that will help me do that. I thought at first that with the proxy section it was "put in the ip etc or specific directory for the site and then point everything too it. But When starting to do that I could not find the www directory. So correct me If I am wrong one would need to make all the sites first in a share then specifically point the program to that specific directory for each site using 1 proxy per?

Getting this error starting the docker

at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:581:15)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:507:25)
at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:637:17)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:22:18)
at Knex (/opt/nginx-proxy-manager/node_modules/knex/lib/index.js:49:15)
at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/nginx-proxy-manager/src/backend/db.js:25:33)
at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:689:30)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:700:10)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:599:32)
at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:538:12)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:530:3)
at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/nginx-proxy-manager/src/backend/migrate.js:1:78)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:700:10) code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND' }
[app] starting Nginx Proxy Manager...
[3/4/2020] [11:31:18 AM] [Global ] › ✖ error Cannot find module './dialects/mariadb/index.js' { Error: Cannot find module './dialects/mariadb/index.js'

On 2/24/2020 at 2:18 AM, tknx said:

So I just started using this and it is so much easier to use. The only docker I can't get to work (and couldn't using the letsencrypt docker either) is shinobi. Always get a bad gateway no matter what I do. Any thoughts on how to diagnose what is going on?

The only difference is that shinobi is on my IOT vlan instead of main one. 

Problem is probably shinobi doesn't have web paths set.

I host my shinobi on a seperate NAS, so should be the same:

shinobi.jpg.d5d675904fff4337971dab72cd6499f9.jpg

This will make sure the websocket upgrade works, to get rid of your gateway issue that's a problem with shinobi itself.

In super:

http://192.168.1.200:9080/super

Under config:

"webPaths": {
      "home": "/shinobi",
      "super": "/super",
      "admin": "/admin"
   }

Add it to the end and make sure the previous line has a ",".  Save, then control and logs, and hit restart core.

Edited by spamalam
On 2/23/2020 at 10:47 PM, Bandit_King said:

Maybe use alternative ports in port forwarding?  Maybe I am using the wrong ip to port forward?  I am using DD-WRT and dunno what to put under Source Net an IP Address in port forwarding.

I think you don't need to put anything in "Source Net".  "IP Address" should be the IP of unRAID.

On 2/27/2020 at 5:41 AM, CJandDarren said:

I think I I mistook what the program was for. I have the need to have 3 to 4 sites an something that will help me do that. I thought at first that with the proxy section it was "put in the ip etc or specific directory for the site and then point everything too it. But When starting to do that I could not find the www directory. So correct me If I am wrong one would need to make all the sites first in a share then specifically point the program to that specific directory for each site using 1 proxy per?

No, this container does not serve web sites.  It seems that what you need is a web server to serve your site.

On 3/3/2020 at 7:34 PM, heratic said:

Getting this error starting the docker

at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:581:15)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:507:25)
at Knex (/opt/nginx-proxy-manager/node_modules/knex/lib/index.js:49:15)
at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/nginx-proxy-manager/src/backend/db.js:25:33)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:700:10)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:599:32)
at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:538:12)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:530:3)
at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/nginx-proxy-manager/src/backend/migrate.js:1:78)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:700:10) code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND' }
[app] starting Nginx Proxy Manager...
[3/4/2020] [11:31:18 AM] [Global ] › ✖ error Cannot find module './dialects/mariadb/index.js' { Error: Cannot find module './dialects/mariadb/index.js'

This is with default settings?  With a clean appdata folder?

Do you have the logs since the start of the container?

Hi Jamie

Thanks for the great plugin!

I have seen that a possible integration of the DNS plugins has already been discussed on Github and there are some technical hurdles to overcome.

Would it change anything if you installed existing containers (e.g. certbot/dns-dnsimple) as a separate plugin? Then store the certificates in a volume accessible by Nginx Manager and assign the certificates manually to the host (drop-down)?

On 3/9/2020 at 5:31 AM, zichichi said:

the image has not been updated for some time, the current version of nginx proxy manager is 2.11 while this is version 2.014. Do you know how it is possible to update it?
Thank you

Yes I'm working on the update.  The latest version bring a couple of changes that require more work...

18 hours ago, 0x3 said:

Hi Jamie

Thanks for the great plugin!

I have seen that a possible integration of the DNS plugins has already been discussed on Github and there are some technical hurdles to overcome.

Would it change anything if you installed existing containers (e.g. certbot/dns-dnsimple) as a separate plugin? Then store the certificates in a volume accessible by Nginx Manager and assign the certificates manually to the host (drop-down)?

This can work.  However, when certs are updated, you will probably have to manually restart Nginx Proxy Manager...

5 hours ago, Djoss said:

This can work.  However, when certs are updated, you will probably have to manually restart Nginx Proxy Manager...

Thanks for your reply.

A "service nginx reload" (or similar) once a day should solve this. Or do you mean to load the certificates into a drop-down?

Has anyone created a certificate in NPM and could show me what the folder structure inside the /letsencrypt folder looks like? How are the certificates stored there? Since my server is not public, I cannot do this myself.

I want to see what happens when I mount the folder in certbot-docker and put the certificates there.

Edited by 0x3
On 3/11/2020 at 2:18 AM, 0x3 said:

Thanks for your reply.

A "service nginx reload" (or similar) once a day should solve this. Or do you mean to load the certificates into a drop-down?

Has anyone created a certificate in NPM and could show me what the folder structure inside the /letsencrypt folder looks like? How are the certificates stored there? Since my server is not public, I cannot do this myself.

I want to see what happens when I mount the folder in certbot-docker and put the certificates there.

Yes, reloading nginx should to the trick.

When you install a custom certificate in NPM, this cert is stored somewhere under /mnt/user/appdata/NginxProxyManager/.  So when a certificate is generated by certbot-docker, you would need a way to copy it over the one of NPM.

14 hours ago, cracksilver said:

Hi there

I allway have problem when i'm working with big files or huge folders. Then I get Server Error 504.

Know I thin I should expend the timeout period in the proxy.

Does anyone know how or where to do that?

Any help is much appreciated.

Greg

In upload or download?

27 minutes ago, tknx said:

How do I set this up to serve web pages off of my server?  I’d like to serve a personal weather station page and not sure how to direct it to a subdirectory of the Nginx www folder or a share or whatever. 

This container doesn't server web sites.  You would need something for this.

9 minutes ago, cracksilver said:

When I download from my remote unraid server

You could try to play with these settings, to put in the Advanced tab:

proxy_connect_timeout 600;
proxy_send_timeout 600;
proxy_read_timeout 600;
send_timeout 600;

15 minutes ago, Djoss said:

You could try to play with these settings, to put in the Advanced tab:

proxy_connect_timeout 600;
proxy_send_timeout 600;
proxy_read_timeout 600;
send_timeout 600;

Very cool Djoss ;-)

now it works great. Thank you so much.

nice to have people they know such thinks.

wish you a nice weekend.

Grego

Finally I created an Ubuntu VM, installed and set up NGINX and Certbot with DNS plugin. Despite overhead, this was a much easier solution for me, since I don't know much about Docker and don't have to make many configuration changes to NGINX.

Thanks anyway. Keep up the good work, Jamie.

On 1/21/2020 at 11:49 AM, Karatekid said:

Can you look in the nextcloud nginx config if the following file looks like mine?

I know that there is a ticket in the nextcloud docker image related to this.

nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default

default 3.5 kB · 13 downloads

Side note; you had a setting;     add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;";

Does that help with the issue of nextcloud timing out during update procedures?

Edited by Froberg