[Support] Djoss - Nginx Proxy Manager

Djoss

Support for Nginx Proxy Manager docker container

Application Name: Nginx Proxy Manager
Application Site: https://nginxproxymanager.jc21.com
Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/nginx-proxy-manager/
Github: https://github.com/jlesage/docker-nginx-proxy-manager

Make sure to look at the complete documentation, available on Github !

Post any questions or issues relating to this docker in this thread.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, Jclendineng said:

How is this different from the letsencrypt docker by ls? Just curious. I have all my reverse proxy sites configured through that. Is this in addition to it, or does it compliment it? 

I never used the one from ls, but I think both containers offer similar functionalities.  The main difference is that with Nginx Proxy Manager, everything is easily configured via a nice UI.  No need to manually edit files.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Jclendineng said:

Nice! Will def give this a try later. Does the NGINX bundled with this have TLS13 compiled yet? Or are you using alpine. Options are good :D

Yes the container is based on Alpine 3.8, so to my knowledge, there is no TLS1.3 support yet.

Getting this when I try and add a user (and an internal error popup appears)

[2018-12-19] [19:49:59] [Access ] › ✔ success Built Access file #8 for: Andrew
[2018-12-19] [19:49:59] [Express ] › ⚠ warning Command failed: /usr/bin/htpasswd -b "/data/access/8" "Andrew" "123"

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/htpasswd: not found

Additionally, my external browser does ask for a user name and browser, but it won't accept it.

36 minutes ago, Squid said:

Getting this when I try and add a user (and an internal error popup appears)

[2018-12-19] [19:49:59] [Access ] › ✔ success Built Access file #8 for: Andrew
[2018-12-19] [19:49:59] [Express ] › ⚠ warning Command failed: /usr/bin/htpasswd -b "/data/access/8" "Andrew" "123"

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/htpasswd: not found

Thanks for reporting, I just fixed this.

37 minutes ago, Squid said:

Additionally, my external browser does ask for a user name and browser, but it won't accept it.

Are you talking about the scenario where an access list is used?  If yes, then it should work with the fix for the error you mentioned earlier.

• Like 1

Perfect.  Thanks.  I had been meaning to spend a weekend sometime and figure out Let'sEncrypt, but this took me a whopping 5 minutes to get a service reverse proxied.  Downside though is that it still is 5 minutes that I'll never get back :(

Now if the author will add in subfolder support, then everything will be rocking.

15 minutes ago, Wuast94 said:

same problem here. i get this error:

400 Bad Request
The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port

ok, we are in the same boat sir 😂

Let's see if someone more experienced can work it out somehow.

Anyway, this container is the most usefull i am running right now. I can't believe the simplicity of this tool :D

30 minutes ago, Djoss said:

This is usually due to an incorrect configured forwarding IP and/or port.

I've just tested this out on the Docker version of Guacamole in community apps. It looks like it works fine when the app is set to Bridge mode, but I get a Bad Gateway error when using a Custom IP.

13 hours ago, Raz said:

ok, we are in the same boat sir 😂

Let's see if someone more experienced can work it out somehow.

Anyway, this container is the most usefull i am running right now. I can't believe the simplicity of this tool :D

I'm also in this boat.

I feel like it should be really easy.  In the manager i even tried appending https but to no avail.  Happy to try any suggestions.  

10 hours ago, redeuxx said:

I've just tested this out on the Docker version of Guacamole in community apps. It looks like it works fine when the app is set to Bridge mode, but I get a Bad Gateway error when using a Custom IP.

Any idea if this would work for nextcloud and i can try?  Keen to get this working as it's stupid simple to manage!

No real support needed, Just wanted to say thanks. this was so simple to use subdomains.  I had to remember to add a new record to my Cloudflare DNS, SO thanks again.  

update: haven't tried everything yet but some simply sub domains for ombi, and organizer docker. 

Edited by SoloLab
14 hours ago, redeuxx said:

This is expected if you try to forward to a service running on unRAID itself.  When using a custom IP, you are using the macvlan network.  In this mode, a container cannot reach the host:

Communication with the Docker host over macvlan

• When using macvlan, you cannot ping or communicate with the default namespace IP address. For example, if you create a container and try to ping the Docker host’s eth0, it will not work. That traffic is explicitly filtered by the kernel modules themselves to offer additional provider isolation and security.

See https://docs.docker.com/v17.09/engine/userguide/networking/get-started-macvlan/

@amacdonald, currently, Nginx Proxy Manager doesn't have the support for forwarding to a HTTPs backend/server.

In the meantime, if you really want to have your nexcloud forwarding working, you can manually edit the generated Nginx config to make your proxy works:

In /mnt/user/appdata/NginxProxyManager/nginx/proxy_host/, find the file associated to nextcloud. You then need replace the directive "include conf.d/include/proxy.conf" with:

add_header       X-Served-By $host;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Scheme $scheme;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto  $scheme;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For    $remote_addr;
proxy_pass       https://$server:$port;

Finally, restart the container.

Note: if you do a change from the UI, the config file will be overwritten and you will loose your changes!

Edited by Djoss
55 minutes ago, Djoss said:

@amacdonald, currently, Nginx Proxy Manager doesn't have the support for forwarding to a HTTPs backend/server.

In the meantime, if you really want to have your nexcloud forwarding working, you can manually edit the generated Nginx config to make your proxy works:

In /mnt/user/appdata/NginxProxyManager/nginx/proxy_host/, find the file associated to nextcloud. You then need replace the directive "include conf.d/include/proxy.conf" with:

add_header       X-Served-By $host;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Scheme $scheme;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto  $scheme;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For    $remote_addr;
proxy_pass       https://$server:$port;

Finally, restart the container.

Note: if you do a change from the UI, the config file will be overwritten and you will loose your changes!

Awesome.  Thanks for the help!