Plex buffering slow refreash

This is also posted in the General fourm, but I was also advice to post it here.

I am still using the Trail version of the software and so far I am happy with the OS

when I got home today,  I discovered that my PLEX Docker ' PlexMediaserver' from Plexinc requested a update, so I updated it.

then right after this I discovered that my PLEX streaming started have issue, from freezing, buffering, and starting at the begging of the TV Show.

before the upgrade I had a little buffering but now it has become to the point that I am not able to use it.

I have check my resources and from the system bouncing from 100% on each CPU in turn, the resources are low.

I have a

1TB cache  WDC_WD10EADS-00P8B0_WD-WMAVU0821034 - 1 TB

4TB Parity WDC_WD40EFRX-68N32N0_WD-WCC7K4FZ223F - 4 TB

and 3 X WDC_WD40EFRX-68N32N0_WD-WCC7K4FZ223F - 4 TB in my Raid

my Hardware is

Model: Custom

M/B: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - Z87-HD3

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Disabled

Cache: 256 kB, 1024 kB, 8192 kB

Memory: 16 GB (max. installable capacity 32 GB)

Network: bond0: adaptive load balancing, mtu 1500 
 eth0: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500

Kernel: Linux 4.18.20-unRAID x86_64

mory sizetotal usable15.931 GB                       installed16 GB 

Network bond0 adaptive load balancing, mtu 1500

eth0 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500

lo loopback

and the Unraid version is 6.6.6,              PLEX 1.14.1.5488

all the settings for Plex and the Unraid are set default as I haven't gotten around to setting this up get. and I cant work out why I am having issue issue.

can someone please advice.

This is also posted in the General fourm, but I was also advice to post it here.

I am still using the Trail version of the software and so far I am happy with the OS
when I got home today,  I discovered that my PLEX Docker ' PlexMediaserver' from Plexinc requested a update, so I updated it.
then right after this I discovered that my PLEX streaming started have issue, from freezing, buffering, and starting at the begging of the TV Show.
before the upgrade I had a little buffering but now it has become to the point that I am not able to use it.

I have check my resources and from the system bouncing from 100% on each CPU in turn, the resources are low.

I have a
1TB cache  WDC_WD10EADS-00P8B0_WD-WMAVU0821034 - 1 TB
4TB Parity WDC_WD40EFRX-68N32N0_WD-WCC7K4FZ223F - 4 TB

and 3 X WDC_WD40EFRX-68N32N0_WD-WCC7K4FZ223F - 4 TB in my Raid

my Hardware is

Model: Custom
M/B: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - Z87-HD3
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
HVM: Enabled
IOMMU: Disabled
Cache: 256 kB, 1024 kB, 8192 kB
Memory: 16 GB (max. installable capacity 32 GB)
Network: bond0: adaptive load balancing, mtu 1500 
 eth0: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500
Kernel: Linux 4.18.20-unRAID x86_64
mory sizetotal usable15.931 GB                       installed16 GB 

Network bond0 adaptive load balancing, mtu 1500
eth0 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500
lo loopback

and the Unraid version is 6.6.6,              PLEX 1.14.1.5488

all the settings for Plex and the Unraid are set default as I haven't gotten around to setting this up get. and I cant work out why I am having issue issue.
can someone please advice.
Try the force update option in docker section.

Also did you put you're transcoding folder in cache ?

Thx

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

to the question regarding the Cache.   yes I believe it is going to the cache as at the moment there is a 6gb file. when I look in the docker / Plex settings I see the section for the transcoding has the following   /transcoding.  but I will confirm this when I get home tonight.

and regarding the force update.    will I find this within the Docker ? as I have click on the update button within plex and it informs me that the current version is up to date.

to the question regarding the Cache.   yes I believe it is going to the cache as at the moment there is a 6gb file. when I look in the docker / Plex settings I see the section for the transcoding has the following   /transcoding.  but I will confirm this when I get home tonight.

and regarding the force update.    will I find this within the Docker ? as I have click on the update button within plex and it informs me that the current version is up to date.

It will force to update again so just to be sure the installation went well.

In docker section and on plex after

See the picture

Thxe25218ec7d2c1e00e77482444fdf51ba.jpg

Good evening.

Juat to inform you that the force inatall didn't resolve the issue. I have tries two differance streaming devices which i know use too work and now both are saying  'Unable to play media' or take over 6 mins to report back that it loss connection.

Going back to basic.  Is my hardware ok. For thw task i am trying to set it.

Edited by chris_netsmart
Good evening.

Juat to inform you that the force inatall didn't resolve the issue. I have tries two differance streaming devices which i know use too work and now both are saying  'Unable to play media' or take over 6 mins to report back that it loss connection.

Going back to basic.  Is my hardware ok. For thw task i am trying to set it.
Yes check youre network also etc before because im with the latest and everything is fine.

It will sound stupid but you can try to reboot youre unraid just to see.

Thx

Please no advice is stupid.   

Yes i have rebooted my Unraid twice and each time i have tried a few tv shows and films and all of them apart from one tv show act the same.   It try to play the video and just before it does it errors out.

I am running 1g network and looking at the UNraid it reports that i am only using about 5% at any one time.

Ok update. And i think might be getting the issue resolved.

What i have done is by removing the bond from my nic and making it a single connection with a fix ip address.  Also i changes one of the dns reference points to my route.

This seemed to allowed me to load a video with 30 secs.   But there is still a few videoa it is having issues with, with a loading time of 2 mins from choosing the video.

Question. Would this be down to the Cache drive that i am using.

UPDATE:

ok I through I had fix the buffering issue, but for the past for hours I have been having issues with my plex. 

at random intervals, my videos has been freezing.

also I see in the PLEX log the following

Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.

I am current running the Optimize progress to see if this resolve the issue

Edited by chris_netsmart

Ok i did  bit more testing and it looks like plex does like anything else running in the backgroumd when it is streaming.

So now my next question will be.

Is my hardware up to spec ?

I will  post my findings in the hope someone can help

UPDATE:

ok I have done a lot of testing and it looks like my PLEX is not working as it should that evertime there is some other function running on the server like a Optimise Database or Parity checking the whole Plex full's over and dies and gives me the error.

Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.

I have done some reading and I have re-install Plex, formatted the Cache, only install a small film collection, but each time I am still getting the error.

so I am going to go and post something on the PLEX.TV Forum to see if anyone over there can help.

Edited by chris_netsmart