"Lost Communication" error w/ APCUPSD

sisren

Trying to setup the APCUPSD.  I have an APC UPS connected to my Unraid server with a smart usb to RJ cable.

It recognizes the UPS in the UPS details bottom section, however, continually gives me a "lost communication" error.  I have set it as USB: Smart and Cable: APCSmart.  I am a bit of a linux novice, so did not set the device field up (left it as default).  Predominately because I do not know how to map the connection to the appropriate TTY (if that is correct).

I travel extensively for work, so would sleep better at night knowing that if I do have a power outage that my server will gracefully shutdown.

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

Those are not really choices. Perhaps you meant:

UPS Cable: Smart and UPS Type: APCSmart

Have you tried turning on Help?

Have you tried a different USB port?

Sorry.  You are correct.  I selected Smart and APCSmart for cable and type.

I have not tried swapping out the USB port.  Only because when I run "lsusb" it identifies the UPS.

Does the 'Device' field need to have a value?

51 minutes ago, trurl said:

USB ports disconnecting are a common cause of problems with the flash drive, so likely it could be a problem here also. USB2 is preferred.

OK.  I can certainly try USB2.

Still looking for clarification on if the "device" field needs to be completed.  And if so, how I identify/map what that designation might be...

Thanks!