Not Connecting to the web

jonF

I have 2 parity drives 

I removed one (10tb) and replaced it with a precleared 12tb drive. 

I first just put the parity drive in another slot to get ready to preclear it . it was connected to the web but the system still recognized the drive as the parity drive and was working as usual. So I powered down the machine and removed the parity drive. the new precleared drive is in the pariy drive's prior slot.  And now it is not connecting to the web.   I would think that the new drive should now be an unassigned drive. and everything should be running smoothly and I should (I think just need to assign the missing parity drive to that drive. 

I cannot see my unraid server in my browser now. 

Its been on for way longer than usually takes for me to be able to see it in the browser

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Jon

I did it via stopping and starting the array not powering down then powering up again. 

But it should work via powering down the server then turning it back on. Seems like this would be the safer way to do it. 
Any ideas why it is not working that way.(having a parity drive missing caused it to to start up correctly,)  I tried it on each of my 2 parity drives with the same results.

Thanks. 

Edited by jonF