unraid to play 2x VR on 1 pc?

i'm stuck on a tiny tropical island for a while but i managed to get this computer through customs 

i7 6850k (6c12t 3.6ghz

32gb memory

2x 512gb ssds

2x 3tb hdds

2x titan x(pascal) gpus

1x gtx1080

1x external 5tb hdd i could extricate

i can't easily source new parts, but I managed to get a pimax vr headset (hdmi + usb) shipped here (thanks to their promises of international shipping) and i have an htc vive (wireless on a tp-cast which uses usb + hdmi + nic)

is unraid right for me?

would i just be able to use hyperv?

could i run unraid just on the 5tb drive so i can keep my current system in tact and just pick which to run at boot?

Thanks!!

On 12/23/2018 at 1:23 PM, puzzabug said:

i'm stuck on a tiny tropical island for a while but i managed to get this computer through customs 

i7 6850k (6c12t 3.6ghz

32gb memory

2x 512gb ssds

2x 3tb hdds

2x titan x(pascal) gpus

1x gtx1080

1x external 5tb hdd i could extricate

i can't easily source new parts, but I managed to get a pimax vr headset (hdmi + usb) shipped here (thanks to their promises of international shipping) and i have an htc vive (wireless on a tp-cast which uses usb + hdmi + nic)

is unraid right for me?

would i just be able to use hyperv?

could i run unraid just on the 5tb drive so i can keep my current system in tact and just pick which to run at boot?

Thanks!!

Hyper v to my knowledge doesn't do gpu pass through well.

To answer your other question if each SSD already has windows on it then you simply would create two windows vms and pass the ssds through to them. They will of course deactivate and probably won't be as good as fresh installs. If you don't plan to run anything else you could do 3 cores on one and 2 on the other. Your going to be pretty limited because of that honestly. If you had a ryzen you could do 4 and 3. Anyways it might work and you can do a free trial to find out but I don't think the experience will be as good honestly in the two core machine.