CPU thread pegged at 100%

landS

Happy Holidays folks

Recently I made a few changes to my rig and now CPU 0 or 6 (physical/hyper) which are reserved for Unraid goes to 100% after some period of time and becomes locked at that percent.

The changes:

1 - Swapped a ASM1142/ASM1543 pci card for a ASM1142 card as the 1543 was causing reboot rather than powerdown conditions - This is stubbed out just like the old card (along with a Sata – both for Windows passthrough) via vfio-pci.ids=1b21:0612,1b21:1242

2 – Upgraded 250 GB SSD to 1T unit as per https://wiki.unraid.net/Replace_A_Cache_Drive

3 – Removed isolcpus=3-5,9-11 stub as it is no longer required with GUI built in pinning

TOP command shows that *kworker/6:2+pm* is consuming 83% of the available CPU

Logs attached. Thanks ahead of time for looking!

tower-diagnostics-20181224-0827.zip

Edited by landS

Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon, but originally passed through a Logitech unified usb receiver to a VM.  This usb device has failed and no longer shows up on the list - when attempting the VM start it gave a USB failure message and device id.   Inserted a new Logitech unified receiver and it has the same device ID as the original.  Since doing this, no more pegged CPU. 

• 1 year later...