Discs are not spinning down. Parity, Disk1, Cache was Plex was running

4 minutes ago, chris_netsmart said:

So what you are saying is that it is normal for disk1 to be spinning ? And it will only sping down when, none of the dockers are updating.

No I am saying that you should get your system share on cache if you want disk1 to spin down.

Disable docker service, set system share to cache-prefer, run mover. When finished, enable docker service.

• 2 years later...

Hi there @trurl, apologies i know this is an old thread, i just have the same problem and its driving me insane. my disks are not spinning down, because some routine Read is occurring on the array and i cant find out what it is. Its on all Array disks simulatanesouly, typically around betwee 341 and 682.0 B/s. I have:

- shutdown all docker instances
- shutdown all plugins
- changed plex settings
- removed file integrity, unassigned devices, directory cache, turbo write, Dynamix SSD TRIM

- using Open Files, i cant see anything open on the array

But nothing stops the Read from occurring. Where could I go to find out what is causing this?

I am running 6.9.0-rc2

Really appreciate anyone's assistance on this. Sort of looking for a tool to assist me to find the cause.

image.thumb.png.74a42faf0c16d4d3dae37c5649dcb93a.png

Edited by isaacery
  • Like 1