Unraid 6.6.6 GUI timeout issues.

ionv3n0m

I'm looking to take another stab at Unraid, since I've had enough of FreeNAS's convoluted configuration BS, and I actually enjoyed using Unraid. However , I had an issue previously where the GUI would timeout on me and the machine would become unreachable on the network.

I do have the previous Tower Diagnostics logging, Since I know more than likely it'll help. I just need to know wtf I'm looking for to trace this down.

Machine specs:
Ryzen 5 1600 - 48 GB DDR4 GSKILL Trident

Motherboard is a ASROCK AB350 PRO4
(It's a shame I can't run the OS off of NVME..)

59 minutes ago, ionv3n0m said:

It's a shame I can't run the OS off of NVME..

The OS doesn't run off flash. The flash contains archives, which are unpacked fresh at each boot into RAM. The OS runs completely in RAM. So no advantage at all running off NVME.

You can post those old diags if you want, but old diagnostics from some previous attempt would probably be less useful than new diagnostics with the latest version. Maybe whatever problem you had then is gone. What version was it?

Nothing obvious, but the syslog only shows a couple of minutes after boot. Was it actually exhibiting a problem when you took the diagnostics?

I know it can be difficult to get diagnostics during some issues, but there are alternative ways to get diagnostics closer to the problem.

For one thing, there is the Fix Common Problems plugin, which has a Troubleshooting mode that will periodically take diagnostics and save them to flash so you can get them later.

There are also ways to get diagnostics from the command line that might work if the webUI isn't responding. See the Need Help? "sticky" pinned near the top of this same subforum.