RDP on to Win10 VM?

This has been asked a few times and 75% sure I know what the issue is but might be wrong...

So here goes I have VM on Unraid 6.6.6 in the template Network Bridge is set to "virbr0" which puts it on the following ip 192.168.122.139 and the gateway is 192.168.122.1.

Win10 Pro, RDP enabled and allowed through firewall but my unraid server is on 192.168.1.3 and I am currently on another machine that uses VPN to access unraid so its not allowing me access. I think the VM needs to be on same gateway as unraid which will allow me to access it using RDP on my laptop?

I cheked the network settings and its not set to public, file discovery is enabled but once I am on the VM it doesn't see anything else and I cannot even map network shares.

I am guessing if im on the same network I should just be able to enter 192.168.122.139 and it will work but because I am using VPN to access the network to access a VM its not playing ball?

The only other thing I can think of is I might need to do some changes on my Asus router to allow the connection but leaning towards to a VM config.

Any help would be great :)

You will not be able to use RDP if you have the VM set to use virbr0 as that is NAT style that blocks incoming connections.    The solution is typically to change to using a bridged connection (typically br0) so that the VM is visible on the local LAN.    You do have to have enabled bridged networking under the Unraid network settings to have such a bridge available.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, itimpi said:

You will not be able to use RDP if you have the VM set to use virbr0 as that is NAT style that blocks incoming connections.    The solution is typically to change to using a bridged connection (typically br0) so that the VM is visible on the local LAN.    You do have to have enabled bridged networking under the Unraid network settings to have such a bridge available.

That did the trick! Many thanks and have a great new year!!