Parity check running when starting array every time

• ChatNoir changed the title to Parity check running when starting array every time
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 11:30 AM, macieksoft said:

Was getting the constant parity check with 6.9.1, set the timeout to 100 seconds and its fixed. This is definitely a bug.

Me too.

Coincided with the installation of my 9th array disk, installation of 2 extra secondary cache drives and upgrade to 6.9.

So not sure what triggered it.   I'm thinking it just has more to do during the timeout period of the shutdown.

I just set the timeout to 100.  Will see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/7/2021 at 1:05 PM, yogy said:

Since the upgrade to 6.9.0 after every clean reboot of my server, parity check is starting. This wasn't the issue on 6.8.3. From the syslog I get:

Mar  7 12:39:34 unrsrv emhttpd: unclean shutdown detected, but all I did was a click to REBOOT button in the main page. Please find attached my diagnostics file.

unrsrv-syslog-20210307-1155.zip 34.15 kB · 1 download

I have exactly the same issue (parity check after each normal reboot/shutdown via the WebGUI, syslog saying "unclean shutdown", etc.). This also started to happen right after i updated from 6.8.3 to 6.9.2.

I will try the fix provided in this thread but I think @limetech could maybe consider a fix in the next version.

Best,

OP

UPDATE 1: changing "Settings > disk settings > shutdown timeout" from 90 to 120 seems to have fixed the issue for me.

Edited by Opawesome