Delete PLEX data

Do you mean the actual media files are no longer on your server? Or do you just mean plex doesn't remember them? If you delete plex appdata then plex won't remember your media and you will have to rescan.

Nothing in your description sounds as if your actual media files should have been touched, so if they are really gone you have left out a lot of details.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Do you mean the actual media files are no longer on your server? Or do you just mean plex doesn't remember them? If you delete plex appdata then plex won't remember your media and you will have to rescan.

Nothing in your description sounds as if your actual media files should have been touched, so if they are really gone you have left out a lot of details.

yes the actual files gone.. my media Share folder also not showing in the list..

There is one circumstance where this can happen actually.  IF you have your plex appdata in the same user share as your media.  (IE: massively misconfigured app).  This is the reason why

1. You have to actually check off what to delete.
  2. There's another pop up that re-iterates what you're deleting in red, and also says READ CAREFULLY
1 hour ago, Squid said:

There is one circumstance where this can happen actually.  IF you have your plex appdata in the same user share as your media.  (IE: massively misconfigured app).  This is the reason why

1. You have to actually check off what to delete.
  2. There's another pop up that re-iterates what you're deleting in red, and also says READ CAREFULLY

if misconfigured... i'm doom... almost 20tb of media

10 hours ago, Squid said:

IF you have your plex appdata in the same user share as your media.

Do you know if this is what you might have done? We can't really tell anything about this from your diagnostics.

Go to the Docker page, click on the Add Container button. At the top of the Add Container page is the Template dropdown "Select a template". Look at the list in the dropdown and see if you have one for plex under [User templates] and select it, then don't do anything else. Just post a screenshot of the page.

57 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you know if this is what you might have done? We can't really tell anything about this from your diagnostics.

Go to the Docker page, click on the Add Container button. At the top of the Add Container page is the Template dropdown "Select a template". Look at the list in the dropdown and see if you have one for plex under [User templates] and select it, then don't do anything else. Just post a screenshot of the page.

i select my-PMS template from the drawdown.. kindly advice... tq..

PMS SS.JPG

19 minutes ago, trurl said:

Your docker template was for a share named "MEDIA" but the shares page doesn't actually have anything by that name. You do have a "MEDIA 2" share and a lot of other shares. Are you sure you aren't looking in the wrong place for your files?

media 2 created when i was testing other DLNA dockers... only few files...

MEDIA share is my main and it went missing after i clean up appdata

Edited by zerorulez
addtional info
1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Appdata config path for kodi-headless was set for /mnt/user/MEDIA/ , so when you did the app cleanup for that docker and it asked to delete /mnt/user/MEDIA/ you told it yes.

i cant recall precisely the warning pop up message... but i've done it before for kodi headless and it was fine.. thats why i tick the all the boxes.. i thought it was the same as PLEX host config...  any chance of recovery? 

if total lost.. then i need to rebuild the media library with whatever backup i have left... 

Edited by zerorulez