Parity check = SSD cache drive goes offline

Sounds like a hardware problem. Possibly just a connection problem due to vibration or something with all disks spinning.

Try again but post a diagnostic before starting parity check then another after the problem happens.

Tools - Diagnostics, attach complete diagnostics zip file(s) to your next post.

• 2 months later...

I had no clue Marvell controllers were not supported. Dame it. Time to save up for an 8 port LSI controller. So it has to be either HBA or flashed to HBA so unraid can read the drives correct. I mean i have an old High Point 8 port thats a Marvell controller so it won't work either correct.

450 watt gold rated 80 plus. it draws  on my watt meter 100 at idle. up too 200 at first power on.

So why only at Parity check does it it go offline ? Not during heavy loads?

Is this any good of an LSI card

"Genuine LSI 6Gbps SAS HBA LSI 9201-8i 9211-8i P20 IT Mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID" found this on ebay?

20190317_110942.jpg

Edited by Cobragt88
added info
5 hours ago, trurl said:

What is the exact model of your power supply?

Not related, but why is your system share cache-no and on disk10?  Not sure why its on for disk 10.  I disabled it on my ssd for troubleshooting as it would drop offline under heavy loads... Marvell controller more than likely dropping it... Waiting to get payed so I can get that LSI card and 2 break out cables.

You want system, appdata, and domains shares to stay on cache so your dockers and VMs won't have their performance impacted by the slower writes to the parity array, and so they won't keep parity and array disk(s) spinning.

This should be easy to fix after you get your system stable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 5:31 PM, trurl said:

You want system, appdata, and domains shares to stay on cache so your dockers and VMs won't have their performance impacted by the slower writes to the parity array, and so they won't keep parity and array disk(s) spinning.

This should be easy to fix after you get your system stable.

Awaiting my proper raid card to ship from china, once i get it should there be any concern re what drives were on what HBA sata controller card? Or will unraid just see all the drives and continue as nothing has happened?

As long as the replacement card passes through the drive serial numbers unchanged then Unraid will simply pick them up and continue without problems.    UnRAID does not worry about how drives are connected - it just goes by their serial numbers.  Having said that a screenshot of your setup is always a good idea before making such changes..

• 2 weeks later...