Possiblity of microsoft/powershell plugin/docker ?

Apps Tab - Enable DockerHub search results in it's settings.

Search for powershell

Install it, then

(technically, the above isn't even required, but only lets you have unRaid allow you to uninstall it)

Linux 4.18.20-unRAID.
Last login: Tue Jan  1 20:53:05 -0500 2019 on pts/1 from 192.168.1.183.
root@ServerA:~# docker run -it microsoft/powershell
PowerShell 6.1.1
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

https://aka.ms/pscore6-docs
Type 'help' to get help.

PS /> Write-Host "Hello, World!"
Hello, World!

Edited by Squid
  • Like 1

Squid... Thank you so much... got it working in no time from the webterminal itself.

But if I want it to run under the Docker tab, click on Powershell /  _Console, it throws an error.  and the log file shows the PS command line lol

Is there a way to open the command line within its own webbrowser terminal? And keep it running even thought its not open.

example http://hostname/dockerterminal/powershell/

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

To run it from the docker tab, click advanced view, enter "-ti" in extra parameters.  Now when you click on Powershell /  _Console you'll be at the shell prompt (or bash prompt if you selected it).  From here type "pwsh" and you'll be in powershell.

Also, you can click unraid's web terminal, and at the unraid prompt type "docker attach powershell {or the name of your powershell container}".  Hit the enter button on your keyboard and you should be at the powershell prompt.

You can use this template if it's easier.

my-powershell.xml

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/1/2019 at 8:32 PM, dee31797 said:

unraid prompt type "docker attach powershell {or the name of your powershell container}".  Hit the enter button on your keyboard and you should be at the powershell prompt.

---- Edit ---- I just tried again from the web console and it looks like when I open it up, it loads up the docker log with errors and then starts to become unresponsive, so I think I will just forget about it for now.

I just gave this a try by sshing into my unraid box as usual, then doing 'docker attach powershell' and the console exploded with errors. It seemed to work fine when I actually did it from the web console, though. Not sure exactly what is going on here, though.

8WR8b3G.png

Edited by MostHated