Ability to exclude devices from specific notification types

I would really like the ability to exclude devices from the notifications that unraid sends.

For example, I have an SSD installed, and will (on every write operation) get emails about it having bad sectors, which I know, but don't prioritize as needing a replacement since it only contains config files and is working fine so far.

The only option for me to stop unraid from sending me those emails right now however, is by disabling warnings entirely, which would prevent unraid from sending me "legitimate" warnings about my array disks.

Having a dropdown list next to each notification entity where you could either whitelist, or blacklist, devices would really be a massive help in managing these notifications more specifically. Even though this might generally not be needed.

18 minutes ago, xorinzor said:

Turns out, this doesn't work in my specific case, because I mounted the SSD using the "Unassigned Devices" plugin.
When I click on the device name, it doesn't show the SMART attributes like the other drives do :/

A possible workaround is to set Settings->Disk Settings to handle the notifications that you want UD to use.    You can then over-ride this for each Unraid disk where you want different settings.   Not ideal, but probably better than nothing.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, itimpi said:

A possible workaround is to set Settings->Disk Settings to handle the notifications that you want UD to use.    You can then over-ride this for each Unraid disk where you want different settings.   Not ideal, but probably better than nothing.

I'll try that out, thanks.
As long as it works, even as a workaround, I'll be happy.

It's turning kind of into a situation where the server screams "wolf" at the moment

Edited by xorinzor
1 minute ago, xorinzor said:

Looks like that workaround will do for now!
Of course a more proper way of doing this would be even better, but at the moment I'm no longer getting spammed warning notifications :)
Thanks!

I believe that at some point Limetech intend to integrate the functionality of the UD plugin into the base Unraid release.   Hopefully at that time support for disk specific settings for Unassigned Disks will become available as well?

• Upvote 1

I created a post in the support thread for UD, referencing this post and asking if the same SMART attribute monitoring toggle config can be added.

As long as it's a separate plugin it makes sense that this wouldn't be something Unraid could do anything about.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by xorinzor