User Share config issue (Part 2)

Ok so thank you community for helping me get my user shares working.

I have a new issue. And I think it may just be a configuration issue. This is a two parter.

1) Why do I have a /mnt/user and a /mnt/user0 ?

2) when I wanted to copy files to a docker I just used //tower/appcache as it shows all my docker file there. But since user shares are enabled it copies the new file to another drive (Yes I know this is how User Shares work) but what I don't understand is shouldn't this not be available to copy to? I would think the /mnt/cache/appcache wouldn't be included in this. So like I said I think something isn't configured right. Or it is and I just should copy file to appcache that way and just use krusader to copy to the actual location /mnt/cache/appcache/

See previous thread for original context:

1 hour ago, jay2068 said:

1) Why do I have a /mnt/user and a /mnt/user0 ?

They are two different views of User Shares.   /mnt/user0 includes only those files that are on the array disks, while /mnt/user includes any files on the cache disks as well.

1 hour ago, jay2068 said:

2) when I wanted to copy files to a docker I just used //tower/appcache as it shows all my docker file there. But since user shares are enabled it copies the new file to another drive (Yes I know this is how User Shares work) but what I don't understand is shouldn't this not be available to copy to? I would think the /mnt/cache/appcache wouldn't be included in this. So like I said I think something isn't configured right. Or it is and I just should copy file to appcache that way and just use krusader to copy to the actual location /mnt/cache/appcache/

All top level folders on are User Shares.   Which disks are allowed to hold files for a particular share then you control this using the settings for that particular share.    If you want the folders to end up only on the cache then set "Use Cache=Prefer" or (if they are already on the cache) "Use Cache:Only".   I suspect you have it set to "Use Cache: Yes" which will result in files being moved from cache to array?   Turning on the help in the GUI gives more information on how the different settings for Use Cache actually work.

• Like 1