(Solved) Can I replace 2 parity drives the same time?

Harro

I just purchased 2 10TB drives. These 10's would replace the 8TB drives I have now as parity. Can I do both at one time or do I need to replace just one at a time. 

I figure if anything goes wrong I would have the original to fall back on.

Thanks

Curt

Edited by Harro
26 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

You certainly can rebuild both at once, however, the safest option would be one at a time, with a correcting parity check showing zero errors after each replacement.

Totally up to you how much risk you want to endure.

I have attached my log for parity checks. Not that it would make a difference but with over a year of checks with no errors, what percentage would you say are my chances of doing both compared to one at a time?

parity-checks.log

8 minutes ago, Harro said:

I would imagine the extended test would be the go to instead of a short. I do think I have both on most of the drives. 

Extended SMART test will take many hours.

I just meant the SMART reports which you can easily get by clicking on a disk and looking at its attributes, and you can page through all disks attributes with the arrows.

Or just look at the Dashboard. If none of the disks is showing a yellow triangle warning then that means Unraid considers them to have good SMART.

• Like 1