Supermicro sc846 rails

beire

Hi,

I bought a sc846 chassis of ebay, offcourse no rails were included so i bought a new pair ( MCP-290-00057-0N).

Now it seems the new rails won't fit the old chassis and the old type is near impossible to find ( MCP-290-00014-00 ? ).

Are there third party rails that can fit the chassis? Or someone know a place that still carries the old type?

To find the genuine rails for the chassis you'd need the exact model number. I have 846BA-R920B and its rails have part number MCP-290-00057-0N just like you ordered. Your chassis might be slightly different requiring a different rail part. But as you can see on the Supermicro page, the screws required for this chassis/rail setup is MCP-410-00007-0N. I linked an Amazon page but you can find them on Newegg as well if you just google the part number. I purchased these screws for mine and they work perfectly. Although I guess it would be up to you if $14.99 is worth it to secure something that doesn't necessarily need to be secured if it will mainly be stationary. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/13/2019 at 5:24 AM, beire said:

I received the rails this week. Everything is as expected, they fit and are in very good shape.

Only thing missing is some screws to secure the rails to the chassis.

Are you located within the EU? The German site doesn't seem to ship to the US.