Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout

DO NOT agree to FORMAT anything or you will lose the data from that disk.

The disk in your diagnostics looks fine so you can rebuild to that disk. And you will have to repair the filesystem. Not sure which should be done first.

@johnnie.black I know I have wondered this before, but is it generally better to rebuild the disk then repair the filesystem, or repair the emulated filesystem then rebuild the disk?

OP already formatted the disk, the unsupported partition error in this case is strange, first because it's an emulated disk, so Unraid should have created a partition, second because after the disk was formatted it's still complaining.

Unfortunately on my way out so not much time to look into this, try unassigning the disk, starting the array with disk2 empty and see if it mounts, though if it does it will be empty 'cause of the format, so if you still have the old disk intact keep so for now.

2 minutes ago, Valafar said:

thanks, the data is intact, I had 3 disks in a raid formation, so all ok, just needed to get the 3rd disk back in.

thanks all

Unraid is not RAID, and each disk is an independent filesystem. Just because you can see files on some user shares doesn't mean you didn't lose the data on disk2. Was disk2 supposed to be empty?