Supervisor – Unraid Controller (iOS)

Supervisor – Unraid Controller (iOS)

Supervisor is a new and natively built Unraid controller for iOS. Here are some of the key features:
- Monitor system information.
- View cpu information at a thread level.
- Start and stop array.
- Start, stop, and restart virtual machines.
- Start, stop, and restart dockers.
- Download, upload, view, edit, files from your SMB shares.
- Start and stop a parity check in addition view current and past parity checks.
- Reboot and shutdown the server.
- View disk information including smart data, temperature, read, write and error counts

AppStore: http://appstore.com/SupervisorUnraidController

I am also looking for some people to become testers for new features and bug fixes, if interested you would get the application for free. All that I ask that you provide feedback about the bugs that arise. You can sign up through TestFlight link below, thank you in advance.

TestFlight: https://testflight.apple.com/join/s42xUXv7

Screenshots:

dashboard.thumb.jpg.52a8ad3bb6e6e8a672dcc7fcb172de41.jpgvirtual_machines.thumb.jpg.91478a81e877f0fea7dcc5e2aba86271.jpgdockers.thumb.jpg.936358a16e452f76b98f10f8f2e23785.jpgshares.thumb.jpg.61604a3e609f9e97b2b07205629aeb9c.jpg

• Like 1

Looks interesting. Are you going to be doing an android port? What versions of unraid will this work with? How are you interfacing with it? Will your method break every time limetech releases a change in the current UI?

Also, a little more info about you would be nice. Releasing a new interface option as your first post is putting me off a little. How long have you been running unraid? What are your systems like? Have you already, or do you plan on collaborating with limetech directly?

• Like 1

@jonathanm Hey Jon great questions, I'm not an Android developer so getting into that could take some time to put out. As of now I can confirm it works 6.6+ but I need some testers for earlier builds. I put the TestFlight out there if people can give me feedback that would be great. I have done the tedious task of digging through the webGui to see where they are pulling data from and gathering it from there so unless things get changed internally the system should not break. 

About me:

I've been using Unraid for about 2 years now on a IBM x3650 M5 with 16 cores, 384 GB ram, and 42TB of storage. Running the usual dockers such as Plex, OpenVPN, and others. Running a Mac OS VM for CI development and a Windows VM for some testing. 

Edited by rbigs
  • 1 month later...

I bought the app of the appstore a few days ago and really like the UI

Its very fast to get an overview of the unraid server. even on a small iphone screen. starting, stopping dockers or vms is very simple.

There are a few things that doesnt work (the app just quits) and a few things that could be really nice. Do you have an issuetracker I can report these issues to?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there any way to pass Supervisor through to be able to securely access it through the internet without connecting to a VPN first?

Does it use a different port, or some roundabout way of connecting, with an API key for security, or is it connecting directly using port 80? I've got a full letsencrypt setup with authentication through Plex and Organizr, and have the API URLs of Sonarr, Radarr, etc. passed through so that they can be managed using LunaSea, and having something similar for Unraid would be sweet.

On 8/24/2020 at 12:23 PM, jmello said:

Is there any way to pass Supervisor through to be able to securely access it through the internet without connecting to a VPN first?

Does it use a different port, or some roundabout way of connecting, with an API key for security, or is it connecting directly using port 80? I've got a full letsencrypt setup with authentication through Plex and Organizr, and have the API URLs of Sonarr, Radarr, etc. passed through so that they can be managed using LunaSea, and having something similar for Unraid would be sweet.

While I wouldn’t try it myself, I’d imagine you could do this by forwarding 443 out to your ddns, then accessing it from the app by putting in the domain you’ve set up for it (just as you would with your others, server.domain.com) instead of your local IP.

My own .02 though, feels like a bad idea, exposing your entire server, the full kernel I mean, to the outside world without a VPN, API key or no. 

On 8/29/2020 at 2:57 PM, BVD said:

My own .02 though, feels like a bad idea, exposing your entire server, the full kernel I mean, to the outside world without a VPN, API key or no. 

Oh, I agree 100% with you. That's why I was hoping for an alternative.

Any chance that ability is in the pipeline, possibly as a plugin? Even a limited version, through a secure API that I can access through the app, to be able to see stats, array, docker, and vm statuses, and maybe restart/power down would be excellent. Alternatively, read-only access to the unraid info would be fine if it can't be secured 100%.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm kind of hoping that the work they're doing towards moving the UI to a Vue event-driven system makes the whole mobile app idea moot by allowing them to easily code a mobile view/version and baking it in.

The effort these mobile app devs have put in is admirable and definitely appreciated, but I think it's not super sustainable with how much and often needs within them evolve over time these days

• 2 months later...

Hi this ran flawlessly on my iphone 11 I have just got an iphone 13 and it says 'could not connect' with my credentials which I know are correct, can someone tell me if I need to put something mores explicit in the host address, I am just putting IP, but it does not appear to even try just immediately says could not connect

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...