Unraid can't ping router, but VMs can

I think something is misconfigured on my server. I can access the Unraid web GUI just fine from any device on my network. And both of my VMs connect to the internet without issue. But the server itself can't connect to the internet or even ping my router. 

I'm not sure when this happened, because it was working after I updated to 6.6.3. All I've done since then is set up an ethernet bridge between the two NICs so that I could connect a second computer to the network via the server's spare port. But if that is the cause, turning off the bridge and turning on bonding again does not fix it. In fact, when I do that, I can no longer access the server from any device except for the one plugged into the spare port, and it still can't ping the router.

I've attached my syslog and a screenshot of my network settings. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

7d24dfa2-a5d7-426e-9053-425e02c16d4e.jpg

syslog.txt

11 hours ago, bonienl said:

Start with using private address space (10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x or 192.168.x.x) for your local network. Address space 20.x.x.x is public (assigned to Microsoft).

Thanks, I didn't know that. I renumbered my network, but the problem persists. It seems that wasn't the source of the issue.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:13 AM, Friis said:

What ip are you trying to ping? what ip are your vms?

My unraid UI isn't able to connect to the internet to update, get community apps, etc. I'm trying to fix that, starting with pinging my router.

My router is 172.16.1.1

My server is 172.16.1.2 (also tried 172.16.1.18 in case the router was reserving the first IP in the DHCP pool, but it isn't)

VM 1 is 172.16.1.3

VM 2 is 172.16.1.4

40 minutes ago, Squid said:

You've got bridging and vlans running of which I know squat about (except how to spell them), so no advice from my end :(

Well, I appreciate the effort to help anyway! 

I set up the bridge by following instructions given to me in this thread. But I didn't purposely create a vlan, nor do I know anything about them. I suspected the bridge might have something to do with the problem, but when I return the network settings to default, the problem still exists.

• 2 weeks later...