Wont Boot. Failed Flash Drive?

I come to you guys with a plea for help lol.  My web GUI looked super weird.  Like only text and missing graphics etc.  I thought it odd, but did not take a screen shot.  I stopped the array and rebooted.  Wish I had grabbed a flash backup off the array.......  Now the server will not boot.  It gets to the screen where it asks "Unraid OS" "Unraid GUI", etc auto boot counts down, and then the page flashes and the coutdown starts again and again.  Manually selecting an option does nothing either.

I removed the flash drive and brought upstairs to my desktop and although I can see the content when trying to copy lots of files give missing or corrupted errors. 

The really "odd" part of this is I installed a new UPS about 5 days ago.  When I installed the new UPS I installed the USB interface cable to enable UPS monitoring, shutdown, etc.  A few years ago I had found that my UnRaid server would not boot with a USB communication cable plugged into a different UPS so I ran it with no monitoring and shutdown capabilities for years.  Until today I had not tried booting the server with the new UPS plugged in.  Hard to image it would have corrupted my flash drive. 

The flash drive is old.  It is my original drive.  Probably 6-7 years old? 

Does this sound like a flash drive issue and if so what are my options here to get back up and running?  Thanks, Andrew

Try re-formatting the flash drive, if still issues you'll likely need a new one.
Ok but I have a question. How do I boot without losing data? Which of the config files can I try copying over for disk configurations and shares, and network?

I have a diagnostic log that was taken before some of my drives were converted to XFS. Would using that config mess anything up?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1. Copy config folder from (old) flash to PC
  2. Prepare (new) flash as a new install
  3. Copy config folder from PC to (new) flash
  4. Boot
I'm going to try this. I know some of the files in that folder gave errors trying to copy to my desktop. When I get home I'll see which files it was and reference the link above.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

EDIT: You guys got me booted back up so Ill start a different thread on the GUI problem.  Thanks!

Ok Thanks guys.  I seem to have been able to follow your advice and actually this time the config folder copied without error.  The server came up but the GUI still seems broken like it did before this fiasco started.  This is how it appears on all devices, and all browsers. 

GUI.JPG

Edited by allischalmersman
  • trurl locked this topic