Errors

Ok, Im going to start this by saying that when it comes to most things Unraid i am fairly slow and i think i have just got lucky with things working most of the time.

Currently i am having a repeating error "Jan  5 04:40:01 Undead kernel: ata9: exception Emask 0x10 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x4040000 action 0xe frozen
Jan  5 04:40:01 Undead kernel: ata9: irq_stat 0x80000040, connection status changed
Jan  5 04:40:01 Undead kernel: ata9: SError: { CommWake DevExch }
Jan  5 04:40:01 Undead kernel: ata9: limiting SATA link speed to 1.5 Gbps
Jan  5 04:40:01 Undead kernel: ata9: hard resetting link
Jan  5 04:40:02 Undead kernel: ata9: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 310)
Jan  5 04:40:02 Undead kernel: ata9: EH complete "

That seams to just run and run, and i found a post here that said it was a SATA port problem and i could find which port ATA9 was attached to by looking at System log, but then i go to check system log and i have this, Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 33554440 bytes) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(379) : eval()'d code on line 73 and i cant find the same problem on the forums but found some similar.

A fix common problems run shows me this "/var/log is getting full (currently 86 % used)" which im guessing is that problem as well and a reboot would fix it and im pretty sure the constant spam from Error 1 is causing Error 2 but im not sure how to fix any of this.   I do also have a couple questions about server stuff if anyone would mind letting me ask them a few questions so maybe i can learn how to do this properly.. Thanks for any help guys

undead-diagnostics-20190105-1842.zip

2 hours ago, roamwolf said:

Marvell Controller is the Sata Controller right? would make sense since it was one i had in a box of random parts i wasnt using, but it should be https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816124064 (Not sure if that is Marvell)  I just want to make sure im looking at fixing the right thing, Unraid and server build is all pretty new to me.

If you look at the specifications for thatcard you will see that it is using a “Marvell chipset.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, roamwolf said:

I see it now, thanks.  Is there a preferred chipset for Unraid or is it that Marvell is just junk?

Marvell chipset-based controllers have issues in unRAID, FreeNAS and other Linux environments.  LSI chipset-based controllers are preferred and, generally, issue free (unless they fail 😀) .

There are many cheap LSI controllers available on eBay.  LSI 9211-8i (PCIe 2.0), LSI 9207-8i (PCIe 3.0) HBAs and clones of the LSI 9211-8i such as the Dell H310 and IBM M1015 seem to be widely used in unRAID.  There are many other more recent models that work just as well. I picked up a Dell H310 last week on eBay for $30 and flashed it to the 9211-8i IT firmware. Just be aware of Chinese fakes and look for server pulls.

Here is the one I bought:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-3P0R3-PERC-H310-PCIe-RAID-Controller/223286565043?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Edited by Hoopster
  • Like 1