[Support] Josh5 - Unmanic - Library Optimiser

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me with something. Plex has been transcoding my steams played with .ASS subtitles. So I was wondering, is it possible to use Unmanic with FFMPEG Options or maybe a plugin to covert embedded .ASS files to .SRT? Or maybe just burn-in .ASS files to the video file to prevent Plex from transcoding the video? If not then no problem, just curious if this is possible.

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me with something. Plex has been transcoding my steams played with .ASS subtitles. So I was wondering, is it possible to use Unmanic with FFMPEG Options or maybe a plugin to covert embedded .ASS files to .SRT? Or maybe just burn-in .ASS files to the video file to prevent Plex from transcoding the video? If not then no problem, just curious if this is possible.
This is possible. It's on my to-do list to create a plugin to convert ass to srt streams using something like https://pypi.org/project/asstosrt/
  • Thanks 1

First off, thanks so much, this is freeing up so much space on my server amd I'm loving the simplicity of it.

I was wondering if you were planning on adding the ability to remux in the future. I found this script for MKVMerge and was wondering if it would be possible to adapt it to your build. I'm python illiterare so I have no idea where to begin or if it's even possible since you use ffmpg.

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a stupid question, and it is a question that is born from my own stupidity.

Initially when I set UnManic, I thought I had set it so that it would create a stereo stream (without modifying the original stream), however that doesn't appear the case and I've now converted all 70+TB of TV.  Is it possible to set unmanic to rescan the library and just do the audio portion?

Thanks in advance for any help!

~Spritz

Just now, Damiexxi said:

Question: I have most of my movie and TV library files at the cutoff quality. After files are converted by Unmanic if Sonarr and Radarr are still set to monitor movie/tv files would they re-download?

Yes

unmanic just converts, sonarr and radarr will keep looking for the best match until stop them from monitoring that specific show/movie.

I think you can have both of those rescan your media and then it may stop but i am not sure.

35 minutes ago, ijuarez said:

Yes

unmanic just converts, sonarr and radarr will keep looking for the best match until stop them from monitoring that specific show/movie.

I think you can have both of those rescan your media and then it may stop but i am not sure.

OK...thanks for the response. 

Hey mate, newest version not working with intel iGPU:

LOG:
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55e38a7f3d80] libva: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so has no function __vaDriverInit_1_0
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55e38a7f3d80] libva: /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so init failed
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55e38a7f3d80] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error).
Device creation failed: -5.
Failed to set value 'vaapi=vaapi0:/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'init_hw_device': Input/output error
Error parsing global options: Input/output error

0.0.7 works fine, broke after I updated it today, let me know if there's anything else I can provide that will help.

LOG:[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55e38a7f3d80] libva: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so has no function __vaDriverInit_1_0[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55e38a7f3d80] libva: /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so init failed[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55e38a7f3d80] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error).Device creation failed: -5.Failed to set value 'vaapi=vaapi0:/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'init_hw_device': Input/output errorError parsing global options: Input/output error

0.0.7 works fine, broke after I updated it today, let me know if there's anything else I can provide that will help.

Can you please remove any settings you have in advanced settings and try again.
9 hours ago, Josh.5 said:
10 hours ago, Trozmagon said:

LOG:[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55e38a7f3d80] libva: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so has no function __vaDriverInit_1_0[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55e38a7f3d80] libva: /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so init failed[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55e38a7f3d80] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error).Device creation failed: -5.Failed to set value 'vaapi=vaapi0:/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'init_hw_device': Input/output errorError parsing global options: Input/output error

Can you please remove any settings you have in advanced settings and try again.

Deleted my entire appdata folder and setup from scratch, same result.

Same results with no HWA which seems odd, I've included a screenshot of my docker template too./

What CPU do you have?
This is not entirely unexpected as one of the big changes was an update to FFmpeg and some of its dependencies. I tested this on my i7-6770 and a i3-6100. So I wonder if you have a newer CPU??
13 minutes ago, Josh.5 said:

What CPU do you have?
This is not entirely unexpected as one of the big changes was an update to FFmpeg and some of its dependencies. I tested this on my i7-6770 and a i3-6100. So I wonder if you have a newer CPU??

Yeah it's an i9 10850k

Josh. Why do I get this with new build. 

Could not update workers. Please check that Unmanic is still running.
A31A0BBD-005A-4995-B3B4-FFA5672068A4.thumb.jpeg.4d8c26febc050326900235ce2b598591.jpeg
That message is displayed when the browser loses connection with the backend server.
It could be because you locked the computer for a time.
Refreshing the browser should make it work again.
But the browser should also attempt to reconnect after a few seconds and you should see it refresh automatically. If it's not doing that, then something may be wrong.

There's a current "bug" in the most recent build where if you have failed transcodes... and you select more than one to add back to the pending list, it'll only add one and give you the error message to make sure unmanic is still running.

Also... I have about 1,000 tv show episodes are are H265 but they are MKV.  So it's changing their containers to MKV.  Obviously when it does it, it literally only takes a couple of seconds per file. This is spitting out a ton of failed files.  Once I readd them to the pending list, they typically go through without issue... but not sure if it's because it's going through so many files so very fast or what.

Lastly, I've noticed this happening a lot here recently (past day or so), if I change my works from say 2 to 6.  Two workers will select the same file.  It'll go all the way to 100% on both workers, then nothing happens.  Workers will start selecting the next file in the pending list, complete it almost instantly, never update the completed list as successful or failed, and the file stays in my unmanic transcoding location.  I have to set the workers back to like 1 or 2.  Completely stop the docker, then start it back... and of course when I do this, it has to completely rescan my entire library, and build the pending list all over again.

Just figured I'd let you know.

Edited by Meller

The issue with RAM and CPU usage hitting 100% and causing the server to stop responding still exists in the latest version, even with audio transcoding disabled.

Really hope this issue can be solved soon.

In the meantime I went back to :0.0.1 which works.

11 hours ago, raptram said:

The issue with RAM and CPU usage hitting 100% and causing the server to stop responding still exists in the latest version, even with audio transcoding disabled.

Really hope this issue can be solved soon.

In the meantime I went back to :0.0.1 which works.

Would you be free at some point to walk through this with me on discord? Possibly over a voice chat an a screen share?

On 6/15/2021 at 6:55 PM, Meller said:

There's a current "bug" in the most recent build where if you have failed transcodes... and you select more than one to add back to the pending list, it'll only add one and give you the error message to make sure unmanic is still running.

Also... I have about 1,000 tv show episodes are are H265 but they are MKV.  So it's changing their containers to MKV.  Obviously when it does it, it literally only takes a couple of seconds per file. This is spitting out a ton of failed files.  Once I readd them to the pending list, they typically go through without issue... but not sure if it's because it's going through so many files so very fast or what.

Lastly, I've noticed this happening a lot here recently (past day or so), if I change my works from say 2 to 6.  Two workers will select the same file.  It'll go all the way to 100% on both workers, then nothing happens.  Workers will start selecting the next file in the pending list, complete it almost instantly, never update the completed list as successful or failed, and the file stays in my unmanic transcoding location.  I have to set the workers back to like 1 or 2.  Completely stop the docker, then start it back... and of course when I do this, it has to completely rescan my entire library, and build the pending list all over again.

Just figured I'd let you know.

haha, this bug of yours may actually be a "fix" for what I'm trying to do, namely have it rescan my library and create add a 2-channel sound track to most items.  It won't catch everything, but should catch most.

~Spritz