[Support] Josh5 - Unmanic - Library Optimiser

6 hours ago, Josh.5 said:

Interesting. Did you write it in windows and then copy it over? Does it have windows line endings?

No, it does not have windows CRLF.

I can run the script (if you can even call it that) in console with same command:

bash /config/kill.sh

It waits, then self destructs the docker.

image.png.a17332a6c6d3e01283ea5a227d1bcb45.png

Edited by OrdinaryButt
Attached screenshot

I built an Intel 12th gen (Alder Lake) Unraid server over the weekend and have been struggling to get Unmanic working with Intel QuickSync. When I try to convert a video to H.265 with the hevc_qsv plugin, it immediately throws the following errors in the Unmanic log:

[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55eee97f8dc0] Error setting child device handle: -17
free(): double free detected in tcache 2

I have the Intel GPU TOP Plugin installed and --device=/dev/dri in Extra Parameters. Hardware Acceleration with the iGPU is working in Plex, so the issue appears to be isolated to Unmanic. Any ideas for troubleshooting further are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Josh,

Thanks for this!
I was hopping you could help me with setting up a reverse proxy on nginx for unmanic. I have been trying to do it and I got the webUI to work but it says it cant connect to the backend, any idea?

Thanks
If I had to guess without knowing what you have setup, the proxy is not configured to support a websocket. In nginx you need to add "proxy_http_version 1.1;"
I built an Intel 12th gen (Alder Lake) Unraid server over the weekend and have been struggling to get Unmanic working with Intel QuickSync. When I try to convert a video to H.265 with the hevc_qsv plugin, it immediately throws the following errors in the Unmanic log:

[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55eee97f8dc0] Error setting child device handle: -17
free(): double free detected in tcache 2

I have the Intel GPU TOP Plugin installed and --device=/dev/dri in Extra Parameters. Hardware Acceleration with the iGPU is working in Plex, so the issue appears to be isolated to Unmanic. Any ideas for troubleshooting further are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I can possibly help...
How did you setup the server to that /dev/dri was available in unraid?
4 minutes ago, Josh.5 said:

I can possibly help...

I installed Intel GPU TOP and added "blacklist i915" to i915.conf in /boot/config/modprobe.d. Syslinux config hasn't been modified other than isolating all 8 (16 w/ hyperthreading) P cores for a couple VMs. (i9 12900k)

Shortly, I will be creating a new release for Unmanic. This new release has some big changes to how libraries work along with some really cool new features.
This update will require that you reconfigure your library settings. If this is something that you do not wish to do, I suggest that you do not install this update.

Edit:
Release v0.2.0 published.
https://github.com/Unmanic/unmanic/releases/tag/0.2.0

On 3/10/2022 at 6:13 PM, Josh.5 said:

I can possibly help...

I also have the  error message [AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x5574e0b15d00] Error setting child device handle: -17 when trying to use the Intel TOP plugin, when I type in the console the intel_gpu_top I get the following:

intel-gpu-top: Intel Alderlake_s (Gen12) @ /dev/dri/card0 -    0/   0 MHz; 100% RC6;  0.00/ 7.66 W;        0 irqs/s

ENGINES     BUSY                                                                                                        MI_SEMA MI_WAIT
       Render/3D    0.00% |                                                                                                    |      0%      0%
         Blitter    0.00% |                                                                                                    |      0%      0%
           Video    0.00% |                                                                                                    |      0%      0%
    VideoEnhance    0.00% |                                                                                                    |      0%      0%

any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

On 3/11/2022 at 10:40 AM, Josh.5 said:

Shortly, I will be creating a new release for Unmanic. This new release has some big changes to how libraries work along with some really cool new features.
This update will require that you reconfigure your library settings. If this is something that you do not wish to do, I suggest that you do not install this update.

I've just updated with minimal reconfiguration, but on a less technical level: thanks for dark mode! :D

• Like 1

On version 0.2.0~a3bd45a, and I'm getting the attached screenshot happening. Constantly trying to load the page sections with no success. Cross-browser. On hitting the Rescan Library button, I get "An error was encountered while requesting a library rescan".

Nothing of relevance in the Unmanic logs themselves, but the docker log showed this:

[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
2022-03-12T21:51:23:INFO:Unmanic.UnmanicLogger - Debug logging enabled
2022-03-12T21:51:23:INFO:Unmanic.UnmanicLogger - Initialising file logger. All further logs should output to the 'unmanic.log' file
Exception in thread LibraryScannerManager:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/unmanic/libs/libraryscanner.py", line 97, in run
if int(self.settings.get_schedule_full_scan_minutes()) != self.interval:
TypeError: int() argument must be a string, a bytes-like object or a number, not 'NoneType'
Exception in thread LibraryScannerManager:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/unmanic/libs/libraryscanner.py", line 97, in run
if int(self.settings.get_schedule_full_scan_minutes()) != self.interval:
TypeError: int() argument must be a string, a bytes-like object or a number, not 'NoneType'

Screenshot 2022-03-12 215433.png

On version 0.2.0~a3bd45a, and I'm getting the attached screenshot happening. Constantly trying to load the page sections with no success. Cross-browser. On hitting the Rescan Library button, I get "An error was encountered while requesting a library rescan".

Nothing of relevance in the Unmanic logs themselves, but the docker log showed this:

[services.d] starting services[services.d] done.2022-03-12T21:51:23:INFO:Unmanic.UnmanicLogger - Debug logging enabled2022-03-12T21:51:23:INFO:Unmanic.UnmanicLogger - Initialising file logger. All further logs should output to the 'unmanic.log' fileException in thread LibraryScannerManager:Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_innerself.run()File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/unmanic/libs/libraryscanner.py", line 97, in runif int(self.settings.get_schedule_full_scan_minutes()) != self.interval:TypeError: int() argument must be a string, a bytes-like object or a number, not 'NoneType'Exception in thread LibraryScannerManager:Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_innerself.run()File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/unmanic/libs/libraryscanner.py", line 97, in runif int(self.settings.get_schedule_full_scan_minutes()) != self.interval:TypeError: int() argument must be a string, a bytes-like object or a number, not 'NoneType'

560909708_Screenshot2022-03-12215433.thumb.png.d096848386471fc091a747493704b8a4.png

Something has gone wrong with the settings
.json file.

In your container appdata, edit the file in .unmanic/config/settings.json (or just delete it). The key that is wrong or missing is "get_schedule_full_scan_minutes"
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Josh.5 said:

Something has gone wrong with the settings
.json file.

In your container appdata, edit the file in .unmanic/config/settings.json (or just delete it). The key that is wrong or missing is "get_schedule_full_scan_minutes"

Ah sure enough. I had a bunch of null keys in there. I moved it to a backup, restarted the docker, the settings.json recreated with the correct values and we're golden again.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Just installed the latest version. Version: 0.2.0~a3bd45a.  Changed the settings to scan libraries I only have one that is nested.  It starts to scan and does about 20 files then says it is complete. I know there are files that have not been processed but not finding them through scanning .

Resolved..

I had to remove the unmanic folder from the app directory and configure from scratch..

Edited by dertbv
5 hours ago, dertbv said:

Just installed the latest version. Version: 0.2.0~a3bd45a.  Changed the settings to scan libraries I only have one that is nested.  It starts to scan and does about 20 files then says it is complete. I know there are files that have not been processed but not finding them through scanning .

Resolved..

I had to remove the unmanic folder from the app directory and configure from scratch..

I had this & had to update the plugins from the Settings > Plug ins > Install Plug in menu, to make sure an available update was recognised as being available. The main 'Plugins' page said they were up to date, but once I done that & they updated, everything scanned & started doing what it does without issue. 

Thanks for creating this for the community.  Over the last couple of days I have noticed that the file processing has been very slow.  When I clicked into one of the workers tonight I saw this message

"No Plugin requested to run commands for this file"

What would cause this, and how can I correct it.  I haven't added or removed any plugins, and they are all up to date.

3 hours ago, rtgurley said:

Thanks for creating this for the community.  Over the last couple of days I have noticed that the file processing has been very slow.  When I clicked into one of the workers tonight I saw this message

"No Plugin requested to run commands for this file"

What would cause this, and how can I correct it.  I haven't added or removed any plugins, and they are all up to date.

Have you recently updated the docker image?

I published a hotfix to the main branch a day or so ago to fix a bug with the `.unmanic` files created in the directories. These are being migrated to JSON, but JSON by default is case sensitive while the INI parser being used previously was not. To maintain compatibility I need to ensure the keys being used in these files are case insensitive. So the fix I pushed the other day does this and should convert any files generated in the past few days since 0.2.0 was released to update all the keys to lowercase.

If you have not updated in the past couple of days, please do so and clear the pending task queue.

15 hours ago, dfox1787 said:

Hi

Unmanic has worked fine in the past but recently it fails to scan the library and i cannot see any error logs that help me troubleshoot the issue. 

here is what i get when manually scanning:

Screenshot 2022-03-16 081655.png

UnmanicLogs.zip 10.61 kB · 1 download

I am getting the same thing, and it appears that nothing has been scanned for 4 or 5 days.  I tried deleting appdata folder rebuilding from scratch, but no luck.  Also, I tried deleting the json settings file as mentioned above, and still nothing.

52 minutes ago, Jammy B said:

hey!

been running absolutely fine. i've added a load of files to the folder it monitors and it doesn't do anything.

i've deleted the image and started again, nothing has changed my end except..... i rebooted unraid.

any suggestions?

i had a similar issue with the latest release.  there are a couple of new steps that have to be done.  What i did was to remove the container and then delete the folder in the app directory.  This will allow you to reinstall with all of your container settings.  once installed go the unmainac webpage and go to settings.  In the libraries directory you need to edit the library to turn on the scanning options, and then reinstall your plugins in the LIBRARY Configuration page. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 14.04.36.png

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, dertbv said:

i had a similar issue with the latest release.  there are a couple of new steps that have to be done.  What i did was to remove the container and then delete the folder in the app directory.  This will allow you to reinstall with all of your container settings.  once installed go the unmainac webpage and go to settings.  In the libraries directory you need to edit the library to turn on the scanning options, and then reinstall your plugins in the LIBRARY Configuration page. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 14.04.36.png

thanks, i didn't realise it had been updated. its now backup and running.

So when trying to change video encoder settings in the plug-ins, for example "keep container" it just flashes and does not change the option i select.
Am i doing something wrong or is it a bug?
What branch are you on?
Staging or latest for the docker image tag?