[Support] Josh5 - Unmanic - Library Optimiser

8 hours ago, Josh.5 said:

Yup. That prevents the host os from using the pci device. 

Removed the stub from the GPU, rebooted, still no /dev/dri

Puzzled.

Edit: added amdgpu.conf and radeon.conf to /boot/config/modprobe.d/ , rebooted, same situation :(
Edit2: found the problem, i had also stub for the GPU in syslinux.cfg.

Edited by dhstsw
Add info

Hi again,

I'm finally being able to fiddle with Unmanic :)

I checked the various files handling plugin but can't find a way to do what i need.

I have downloading automated, downloading files in this way:

/library/folder1/downloadedfilefolder/file1.mp4
/library/folder2/downloadedfilefolder/file2.mp4
/library/folder3/downloadedfilefolder/file3.mp4

Basically, everytime a file is downloaded a "downloadfilefolder" is created in its path to contain the file itself.

I tried to avoid this but i can't sort it out.

What i'd need is a way to have the file moved into its parent folder after conversion, like this:

/library/folder1/file1.mkv
/library/folder2/file2.mkv
/library/folder3/file3.mkv

(and the, by now, cointaining "downloadedfilefolder" deleted (with everything else inside, wich usually are text files and other tiny ones).

I guess the "External Post-processor Script" plugin may do the work but my knowledge of linux is ways too limited to do something with it.

Anybody has any idea in how to do that?
Thanks!

19 hours ago, dhstsw said:

When i encode a file, most times the encode mkv has "added" a vertical black band to the right:

19 hours ago, dhstsw said:

original width of the source file is 624 pixels.

are you sure its added ? in your "snipplet" its looking ok as its filled top & bottom.

what is the height and aspect ratio from your source and targets, may check with mediainfo to compare, or play them side by side with 2 VLC Instances ...

5 hours ago, alturismo said:

are you sure its added ? in your "snipplet" its looking ok as its filled top & bottom.

what is the height and aspect ratio from your source and targets, may check with mediainfo to compare, or play them side by side with 2 VLC Instances ...

Top and bottom are filled but on the right it adds that vertical black bar.

Those are the properties of source file:
image.png.95d5e0cc1c50e7dae091730b84685810.png

As far as the comparison, original on top, converted on the bottom:
image.thumb.png.341d372eb39913a9a159ed1a859b3a73.png

In other cases (other video), i even squeezed the frame to make room for the right vertical bar.

21 minutes ago, dhstsw said:

As far as the comparison, original on top, converted on the bottom:

looking weird anyhow, Top (Original) black bar left & right (centered), Bottom (encoded) black bar right (left alligned).

about the pixel aspect ratio, low quality ~ 16:9 .. what is the resolution on the encoded video ? if its similar its just weird looking on a mirrored VLC session, should be pretty fine on a 16:9 screen (fullscreen), only if the black bars are really hardcoded ... and not only "fillers" right now to match the windows screen. Or are those black bars really included in the video ?

why its left alligned instead centered ... i cant imagine right now from your infos

25 minutes ago, alturismo said:

looking weird anyhow, Top (Original) black bar left & right (centered), Bottom (encoded) black bar right (left alligned).

about the pixel aspect ratio, low quality ~ 16:9 .. what is the resolution on the encoded video ? if its similar its just weird looking on a mirrored VLC session, should be pretty fine on a 16:9 screen (fullscreen), only if the black bars are really hardcoded ... and not only "fillers" right now to match the windows screen. Or are those black bars really included in the video ?

why its left alligned instead centered ... i cant imagine right now from your infos

I doin't force a resolution, so the encoded one should be the same of the source.

As far the bars, they are shown in every player i tried, including the one in my TV (16:9).

So, i'm clueless.

58 minutes ago, dhstsw said:

As far the bars, they are shown in every player i tried, including the one in my TV (16:9).

ok, as your shown resolution is 624 x 352, which is pretty exact 16:9 and you see black bars in fullscreen mode on a 16:9 display, then the raw video is not fully 16:9, like real resolution would be 600 x 352.

you can check if the black bars are hardcoded, search for ffmpeg crop detect ... next step would be to look why your encoded video is then left alligned and not centered anymore.

On 9/23/2022 at 2:35 PM, alturismo said:

ok, as your shown resolution is 624 x 352, which is pretty exact 16:9 and you see black bars in fullscreen mode on a 16:9 display, then the raw video is not fully 16:9, like real resolution would be 600 x 352.

you can check if the black bars are hardcoded, search for ffmpeg crop detect ... next step would be to look why your encoded video is then left alligned and not centered anymore.

It's doing it with any video i use as input, even the ones without any kind of bars on the sides: it just adds that black bar to the right. I guess it's something in the metadata it adds, dunno. :(

On 9/25/2022 at 6:17 AM, dhstsw said:

It's doing it with any video i use as input, even the ones without any kind of bars on the sides: it just adds that black bar to the right. I guess it's something in the metadata it adds, dunno. :(

I haven’t come across this before. But you could try the new “transcode video” plugin, as it has an option to remove black bars

5 hours ago, Cpt. Chaz said:

I haven’t come across this before. But you could try the new “transcode video” plugin, as it has an option to remove black bars

Thank, i'll try.
But i don't see the option you mention.
?

EDIT1: found it.
EDIT2: nope, doesn't remove them.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by dhstsw
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 10:03 AM, Jammy B said:

in an attempt to keep up with the cool kids. i updated my container from latest to "staging"

i lost all ability to convert the media [its been running non-stop the last 2 weeks and had around 2 weeks to go converting TV] and so i rolled it back to latest aka old UI and now it all fails. where before it was ripping through it.

same error each time now - "Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height"

haven't changed anything, even deleted all trace of the container and downloaded all over again. gutted i've wasted today on it, should've just left it to do it all on the current working setup.

LOG:
Guessed Channel Layout for Input Stream #0.1 : 5.1
Input #0, matroska,webm, from '/library/tv/TV/NCIS - Los Angeles/Season 12/NCIS - Los Angeles - S12E10 - The Frogman's Daughter WEBDL-720p.mkv':
   Metadata:
     encoder : libebml v1.3.10 + libmatroska v1.5.2
   Duration: 00:43:07.25, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 4129 kb/s
     Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(tv, bt709, progressive), 1280x720 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 24 fps, 24 tbr, 1k tbn, 48 tbc (default)
     Metadata:
       BPS-eng : 3487038
       DURATION-eng : 00:43:07.250000000
       NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 62094
       NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 1127729961
       _STATISTICS_WRITING_APP-eng: mkvmerge v45.0.0 ('Heaven in Pennies') 64-bit
       _STATISTICS_TAGS-eng: BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES
     Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: eac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, fltp (default)
     Metadata:
       BPS-eng : 640000
       DURATION-eng : 00:43:07.232000000
       NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 80851
       NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 206978560
     Stream #0:2(eng): Subtitle: subrip
     Metadata:
       BPS-eng : 96
       DURATION-eng : 00:42:29.155000000
       NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 993
       NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 30820
     Stream #0:3(eng): Subtitle: subrip
     Metadata:
       title : SDH
       BPS-eng : 101
       DURATION-eng : 00:42:29.155000000
       NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 1059
       NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 32375
Stream mapping:
   Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h264 (native) -> hevc (hevc_nvenc))
   Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (eac3 (native) -> aac (native))
   Stream #0:1 -> #0:2 (eac3 (native) -> aac (native))
   Stream #0:2 -> #0:3 (copy)
   Stream #0:3 -> #0:4 (copy)
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
[aac @ 0x55a12170e7c0] Using a PCE to encode channel layout "5.1(side)"
[hevc_nvenc @ 0x55a12170b780] Cannot load libcuda.so.1
Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height
[aac @ 0x55a12170e7c0] Qavg: 65536.000
[aac @ 0x55a12170e7c0] 2 frames left in the queue on closing
[aac @ 0x55a121709e40] Qavg: 63496.523
[aac @ 0x55a121709e40] 2 frames left in the queue on closing
Conversion failed!

edit - RTFM ------- "--runtime=nvidia" 

I'm seeing this same error as this guy, but I think my problem might be different.

I don't have a separate GPU on my server. Just 2 Xeon 5670 CPUs.

Stream mapping:
   Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
   Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (h264 (native) -> hevc (hevc_nvenc))
   Stream #0:2 -> #0:2 (copy)

[hevc_nvenc @ 0x562a841a5340] Cannot load libcuda.so.1

Error initializing output stream 0:1 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:1 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height

Conversion failed!

It's a brand new install so I'm sure I just missed something, but I have no idea what.

Any advice? 

You are using the nvec encoder. That’s only for nvidia cards.

you need to use the libx encoder

On 10/12/2022 at 2:03 PM, kennelfort said:

I'm seeing this same error as this guy, but I think my problem might be different.

I don't have a separate GPU on my server. Just 2 Xeon 5670 CPUs.

Stream mapping:
   Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
   Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (h264 (native) -> hevc (hevc_nvenc))
   Stream #0:2 -> #0:2 (copy)

[hevc_nvenc @ 0x562a841a5340] Cannot load libcuda.so.1

Error initializing output stream 0:1 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:1 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height

Conversion failed!

It's a brand new install so I'm sure I just missed something, but I have no idea what.

Any advice? 

you are using the nvidia encoder (nvec)

you need to use the libx264 or libx265 encoder.

your procs are quite old and wont run h265. I would stay away from that unless you want to spring for a GPU

• Thanks 1
On 10/15/2022 at 11:24 PM, eagle470 said:

You are using the nvec encoder. That’s only for nvidia cards.

you need to use the libx encoder

you are using the nvidia encoder (nvec)

you need to use the libx264 or libx265 encoder.

your procs are quite old and wont run h265. I would stay away from that unless you want to spring for a GPU

Ah! Ok. Thanks so much.

I have another question though. Looking at the docs again, I see that I misunderstood them. What should I do with the "Nvidia GPU UUID" variable? Remove it? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 7:27 AM, kennelfort said:

Ah! Ok. Thanks so much.

I have another question though. Looking at the docs again, I see that I misunderstood them. What should I do with the "Nvidia GPU UUID" variable? Remove it? 

You can leave it, it won't use it if you aren't using the nvidia based plugin

5 hours ago, thedoomguy said:

Hi.  Really loving this plugin.

Is there a way to do the opposite of the path ignore plugin?  I want to target some specific files (Remux 2160p but not others) for the new Transcode Video plugin.

This plugin uses regex. So just add a string to include everything except 2160p and it will ignore everything except files with 2160p

• Thanks 1
On 11/1/2022 at 2:14 AM, Josh.5 said:

This plugin uses regex. So just add a string to include everything except 2160p and it will ignore everything except files with 2160p

Thanks for the reply.  I tried googling how to construct a RegEx for "everything except X" and the results weren't simple.  Most of the answers stated that it depend on the particular RegEx implementation.  I've tried a few combinations based off Google searches to match everything except "Remux-2160p" but haven't had any of them work.  Each ended up with an empty queue in Unmanic.

Any suggestions on how to include everything except "Remux-2160p" so that it will ignore everything except that, so I can target just my Remux-2160p files to re-encoding?

On 10/11/2021 at 10:34 PM, Josh.5 said:

You are quite right. I should update the instructions removing that warning as I highly doubt anyone is still running the older version of Unraid and so there is no need to keep those instructions.

Just follow the instructions in the template adding the --runtime=nvidia option and the other things that it says to.

OMG please update. I spent over 2 hours trying to figure out how people do it with VMs since the NVidia Driver plugin says not to download if you plan to pass through GPU to VM. All the videos I found (including the Cpt Chaz video that you posed in the video guide section) all suggest you need the Nvidia Driver plugin.

So to be clear:

1. We do not need the Nvidia Driver plugin and do not insert UUID; only "adding the --runtime=nvidia option"?

2. It IS okay to run Unmanic NVidia encoding while also using a VM all on the same GPU?

If NOT, then what do you suggest? 

- I only have 1 Unraid machine, but I do have other desktops and laptops. 

Thank you very much, I am pumped to use it! maxed out my 24TBs. You rock

1 hour ago, xlucero1 said:

OMG please update. I spent over 2 hours trying to figure out how people do it with VMs since the NVidia Driver plugin says not to download if you plan to pass through GPU to VM. All the videos I found (including the Cpt Chaz video that you posed in the video guide section) all suggest you need the Nvidia Driver plugin.

So to be clear:

1. We do not need the Nvidia Driver plugin and do not insert UUID; only "adding the --runtime=nvidia option"?

2. It IS okay to run Unmanic NVidia encoding while also using a VM all on the same GPU?

If NOT, then what do you suggest? 

- I only have 1 Unraid machine, but I do have other desktops and laptops. 

Thank you very much, I am pumped to use it! maxed out my 24TBs. You rock

First post updated.

You probably will find that you cannot use the GPU on the host for anything if it is being passed through to a VM.

I'm pretty sure (but am not going to test this for you) that the NVIDIA docker runtime will not work without installing a NVIDIA driver on the host. Therefore, I'm pretty sure the linked documentation is correct for anyone who wishes to use Unmanic with the latest version of Unraid and a NVIDIA GPU.

2 hours ago, Josh.5 said:

linked documentation is correct

I added you discord support channel. Thank you. To hopefully wrap this up here then; I'm sure everyone has GPU passed thru to their VM. The Nvidia Driver plugin says dont install it if you pass thru GPU to VM. So how do I do it? Download the plugin anyway? VM and Unmatic should still work or no? 1842524873_ScreenShot2022-11-13at5_51_16PM.png.adc3b50e67e1bd7edfb82beb9d3ac368.png