[Support] Josh5 - Unmanic - Library Optimiser

Hi Guys,

I have been having trouble getting unmanic to run correctly and been experiencing some unexpected outcomes.

The problem I am experiencing is that when a video is picked up and converted it is not being added to my completed tasks list and only some of the worker processes are actually replacing the original file with the converted version.

If anyone could help me resolve this issue I would be very grateful, I haven't been able to find a solution to it so far.

I am showing

"Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/unmanic/libs/ffmpeg.py", line 191, in set_file_in

self.file_in['file_probe'] = self.file_probe(vid_file_path)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/unmanic/libs/ffmpeg.py", line 156, in file_probe

probe_info = unffmpeg.Info().file_probe(vid_file_path)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/unmanic/libs/unffmpeg/info.py", line 55, in file_probe

return cli.ffprobe_file(vid_file_path)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/unmanic/libs/unffmpeg/lib/cli.py", line 67, in ffprobe_file

raise FFProbeError(vid_file_path, info)"

in my log file what can i do to resolve this?

Edited by dertbv
On 11/23/2020 at 8:18 PM, Danny Goh said:

How do I keep the keep the 6 audio channel?

Before is 6 channel and after is only 2 channel. I also want to clone 2 channel for my non home theater streaming,

Settings - disable audio encoding

That will keep whatever audio is on the file intact. 

On 11/24/2020 at 9:58 AM, adderr said:

Hi Guys,

I have been having trouble getting unmanic to run correctly and been experiencing some unexpected outcomes.

The problem I am experiencing is that when a video is picked up and converted it is not being added to my completed tasks list and only some of the worker processes are actually replacing the original file with the converted version.

If anyone could help me resolve this issue I would be very grateful, I haven't been able to find a solution to it so far.

I am having the same issue as well. So yes any help with this would be great.

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/unmanic/libs/unmodels/migrations.py", line 53, in __init__
self.router = Router(database=database, migrate_dir=config['MIGRATIONS_DIR'])
KeyError: 'MIGRATIONS_DIR'

After the latest update I'm getting this error. I can't connect to the web UI anymore. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, wcg66 said:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/unmanic/libs/unmodels/migrations.py", line 53, in __init__
self.router = Router(database=database, migrate_dir=config['MIGRATIONS_DIR'])
KeyError: 'MIGRATIONS_DIR'

After the latest update I'm getting this error. I can't connect to the web UI anymore. Any ideas?

I made some changes this week to allow for Unmanic to be run as a Kodi add-on. I'm betting that I messed something up. Sorry.

I'll take a look tonight.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Josh.5 said:

I made some changes this week to allow for Unmanic to be run as a Kodi add-on. I'm betting that I messed something up. Sorry.

I'll take a look tonight.

Thanks for the follow up. I've had no troubles until now and I appreciate the effort!

Edited by wcg66
typo
6 hours ago, wcg66 said:

Thanks for the follow up. I've had no troubles until now and I appreciate the effort!

I have a suspicion that it is an old 'settings.json' file from a much earlier version of Unmanic.

Could you please delete that file in your Docker config volume. May be something like '/mnt/user/appdata/unmanic/.unmanic/config/settings.json'.

Let me know how you get on.

• Like 1

I know this a repeating topic but I haven't found a concrete answer to permanently resolve this issue.  It seems that the majority of my movie trans-codes are failing.  I selected remove sub-titles and uncheck audio encoding as I want to maintain the original audio file.  For every failure I am seeing similar log files, even though i have remove subtitles checked. Is anyone away of how to fix this issue with a generalized FFMPEG for all video files within a folder or another work around?

All logs look like this:

[matroska,webm @ 0x55770778b840] Could not find codec parameters for stream 4 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options [matroska,webm @ 0x55770778b840] Could not find codec parameters for stream 6 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options [matroska,webm @ 0x55770778b840] Could not find codec parameters for stream 7 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options [matroska,webm @ 0x55770778b840] Could not find codec parameters for stream 8 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options [matroska,webm @ 0x55770778b840] Could not find codec parameters for stream 9 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options [matroska,webm @ 0x55770778b840] Could not find codec parameters for stream 10 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options [matroska,webm @ 0x55770778b840] Could not find codec parameters for stream 12 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options [matroska,webm @ 0x55770778b840] Could not find codec parameters for stream 13 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options [matroska,webm @ 0x55770778b840] Could not find codec parameters for stream 14 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options [matroska,webm @ 0x55770778b840] Could not find codec parameters for stream 16 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options [matroska,webm @ 0x55770778b840] Could not find codec parameters for stream 17 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options

Then the bottom of the log looks like this

frame=19283 fps=231 q=-1.0 size= 5145601kB time=00:13:24.34 bitrate=52406.3kbits/s speed=9.64x frame=19345 fps=230 q=-1.0 size= 5161729kB time=00:13:26.94 bitrate=52401.3kbits/s speed=9.61x av_interleaved_write_frame(): No space left on device Error writing trailer of /tmp/unmanic/unmanic_file_conversion-1607700400.3246958/Incredibles 2 2018 Remux-2160p-1607700400.3247025.mp4: No space left on device frame=19436 fps=230 q=-1.0 Lsize= 5183233kB time=00:13:30.72 bitrate=52374.1kbits/s speed=9.61x video:4383218kB audio:800675kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown Conversion failed!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all! I've been using unmanic for about a month now with no issues other than plex not changing the name of the movie or TV show. I tried switching the plex agents around but it is still not renaming them properly. 

The movies before being converted to x265 had the correct naming.

First post here after running my server for close to 2 years now! Unraid FTW😎

On 1/1/2021 at 10:37 PM, twolfekc said:

Hey all! I've been using unmanic for about a month now with no issues other than plex not changing the name of the movie or TV show. I tried switching the plex agents around but it is still not renaming them properly. 

The movies before being converted to x265 had the correct naming.

First post here after running my server for close to 2 years now! Unraid FTW😎

Hey,
Cool that your server has been running 2 years now - I am quite pleased with where Unraid has ended up by now!
What exactly are you trying to do since you want Plex to rename them? 
I have mine running with "Keep Filename History" enabled and Plex doesn't have to rename anything, it just realises the new codec and file type. I have "Scan my library automatically" and "Run a partial scan when changes are detected". 

@Josh.5 Thanks for the awesome piece of software, it works beautifully. Feature request(s) if you at some point have time:
1. A way to initiate scan with a button-press. (Nice to have)
2. A way to blacklist folders within the specified library path, which is especially useful for TV-directories. (Very nice to have)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Josh.5 

Just wanted to say thanks for your hard work. I've been running unmanic for 7 days now and its brilliant at first it was tricky getting quick sync running but all working perfectly now. Previously i was encoding/converting via handbrake file by file this has just made my life 100% easier and a million times faster.

Few things i would like to see in future build if possible 

• A way to initiate scan with a button-press. / a pause/stop button 
  • A over all folder Size Comparison decrease / increase  (if possible) 
  • A log page under settings would be nice 

Thanks again tinni 

On 11/24/2020 at 1:18 AM, Danny Goh said:

How do I keep the keep the 6 audio channel?

Before is 6 channel and after is only 2 channel. I also want to clone 2 channel for my non home theater streaming,

2020-11-24 09_16_01-History _ Unmanic.png

2020-11-24 09_16_15-History _ Unmanic.png

did you you figure this out ? I'm looking for the same a 2 channel output and a multi channel output 

18 hours ago, tinni88 said:

Hey @Josh.5 

Just wanted to say thanks for your hard work. I've been running unmanic for 7 days now and its brilliant at first it was tricky getting quick sync running but all working perfectly now. Previously i was encoding/converting via handbrake file by file this has just made my life 100% easier and a million times faster.

Few things i would like to see in future build if possible 

• A way to initiate scan with a button-press. / a pause/stop button 
  • A over all folder Size Comparison decrease / increase  (if possible) 
  • A log page under settings would be nice 

Thanks again tinni 

How did you get quick sync going?  I've been having a hard time getting it going myself.

So far I have edited the go file to include "modprobe i915", added "--device=/dev/dri" to the docker container's extra parameters, and added the lines -vaapi_device /dev/dri/renderD128 -vf format=nv12|vaapi,hwupload to the additional command line options.  Did I miss a step?  As far as I was able to find that should be everything required.

33 minutes ago, dglb99 said:

So far I have edited the go file to include "modprobe i915"

You don't have to do this anymore, you can also do this by installing the Plugin Intel-GPU-TOP from the CA App so no edits to the go file are required and you also have the benefit of having the tool 'intel_gpu_top' installed natively to Unraid to watch the usage of your iGPU or you additionally install the GPU Statistics Plugin from @b3rs3rk to see the usage of the iGPU on the Dashboard page.

Please make sure that you set the iGPU to the Primary Graphics adapter in the BIOS.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dglb99 said:

How did you get quick sync going?  I've been having a hard time getting it going myself.

So far I have edited the go file to include "modprobe i915", added "--device=/dev/dri" to the docker container's extra parameters, and added the lines -vaapi_device /dev/dri/renderD128 -vf format=nv12|vaapi,hwupload to the additional command line options.  Did I miss a step?  As far as I was able to find that should be everything required.

I added this line to go file on unraid using CONFIG FILE EDITOR from CA.

# enable iGPU for docker use
/sbin/modprobe i915
chmod -R 0777 /dev/dri

Which you may not have to do anymore but i couldn't get it to work without adding it.

then i added these line's to ADDITIONAL COMMANDLINE OPTIONS / Custom FFMPEG Options in Unmanic. ( I would suggest reading through http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Options )

-vaapi_device /dev/dri/renderD128
-vf format=nv12|vaapi,hwupload

Then i use hevc_vaapi setting for Video Encoder under the video encoding tab in Unmanic  which lets me make use of the quick sync.

I would also download intel-gpu-top & intel-gpu-tools from CA.

Hope that help cheers Tinni.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:30 AM, ich777 said:

You don't have to do this anymore, you can also do this by installing the Plugin Intel-GPU-TOP from the CA App so no edits to the go file are required and you also have the benefit of having the tool 'intel_gpu_top' installed natively to Unraid to watch the usage of your iGPU or you additionally install the GPU Statistics Plugin from @b3rs3rk to see the usage of the iGPU on the Dashboard page.

Please make sure that you set the iGPU to the Primary Graphics adapter in the BIOS.

I downloaded intel gpu top, intel gpu tools, and gpu statistics.  I understand that with gpu statistics I don't need intel gpu tools, correct?  Should I revert my changes to the go file?  Or is there no harm in leaving them?  From the FFMPEG Command Log it looks like it is failing because it can't access the intel gpu still.  The iGPU should be the primary graphics adapter since there is no other gpu in the system.

ffmpeg version 4.3 Copyright (c) 2000-2020 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 7 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)
  configuration: --disable-debug --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --enable-ffprobe --enable-avresample --enable-cuvid --enable-gpl --enable-libaom --enable-libass --enable-libfdk_aac --enable-libfreetype --enable-libkvazaar --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libv4l2 --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvmaf --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libxml2 --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-nonfree --enable-nvdec --enable-nvenc --enable-openssl --enable-small --enable-stripping --enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --enable-version3
  libavutil      56. 51.100 / 56. 51.100
  libavcodec     58. 91.100 / 58. 91.100
  libavformat    58. 45.100 / 58. 45.100
  libavdevice    58. 10.100 / 58. 10.100
  libavfilter     7. 85.100 /  7. 85.100
  libavresample   4.  0.  0 /  4.  0.  0
  libswscale      5.  7.100 /  5.  7.100
  libswresample   3.  7.100 /  3.  7.100
  libpostproc    55.  7.100 / 55.  7.100
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x556aac880700] libva: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so init failed
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x556aac880700] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error).
Device creation failed: -5.
Failed to set value '/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'vaapi_device': Input/output error
Error parsing global options: Input/output error

5 hours ago, dglb99 said:

I understand that with gpu statistics I don't need intel gpu tools, correct?

You don't need Intel GPU Tools if you install Intel GPU TOP amd with intel GPU Statistics you see the usage on the dashboard.

Should I revert my changes to the go file?

I would recommend that you revert the changes since you don't need it anymore, Intel GPU TOP enables your iGPU at boot.

From the FFMPEG Command Log it looks like it is failing because it can't access the intel gpu still. 

Have you passed through the device '/dev/dri' in the template?

Have you the device /dev/dri on the host?

Open up a Unraid terminal and type in 'ls /dev/dri' if it says no auch file or directory your iGPU isn't working.