[Support] Josh5 - Unmanic - Library Optimiser

5 minutes ago, jonfive said:

hate to bug you about it, but i have a few that are still in that mkv/webm format that keep cycling through again - how can i get unmanic to just encode it to mkv?

Just let them go. It should do exactly that.

As I was mentioning earlier, make sure you add --cpus='.5' in your unmanic docker configuration. This will prevent it from slamming the CPU.

5 minutes ago, Josh.5 said:

Just let them go. It should do exactly that.

As I was mentioning earlier, make sure you add --cpus='.5' in your unmanic docker configuration. This will prevent it from slamming the CPU.

just to get a better understanding, just let them continuously cycle through? i'd like to avoid constantly writing to disk if at all possible

Currently using a test folder seeing if maybe swapping containers to mp4, then back to mkv will eliminate the issue.

3 minutes ago, jonfive said:

just to get a better understanding, just let them continuously cycle through? i'd like to avoid constantly writing to disk if at all possible

Currently using a test folder seeing if maybe swapping containers to mp4, then back to mkv will eliminate the issue.

So is unmanic converting the same file more than twice?

i've been just messing around with it. I completely removed/reinstalled unmanic (backed up the old unmanic appdata folder just incase you need something from it). 

Taking a closer look at the old logs previously sent, it kept cycling through trying to convert ac3 to aac, unsuccessfully i assume.

Same file:
2021-01-29T18:59:39:DEBUG:Unmanic.FFMPEGHandle - [FORMATTED] - The current file's audio streams (ac3) do not match the configured audio codec (aac)

2021-01-29T19:01:06:DEBUG:Unmanic.FFMPEGHandle - [FORMATTED] - The current file's audio streams (ac3) do not match the configured audio codec (aac) 

On 1/29/2021 at 6:16 PM, Josh.5 said:

The settings look fine to me. I don't normally have driver capabilities at all. Just delete it. I also have my nvidia gpu I'd just set to "all" as I only have the one gpu anyway. Perhaps the uuid is wrong in your settings? Try setting it to all.

Also, once you have configured the hardware acceleration, you will need to restart Unmanic for it to be applied to the current pending list.

@Josh.5 Hate to say it, but its doing it again. High Ram and CPU usage. Will work for a little while, but then go into high usage mode. Am I the only one is having this problem?

21 minutes ago, Jurak said:

Hello 

I am having the issue where its running through everything that has already been converted. Its filling up the share the temp transcode folder. Also just noticed that its not actually transcoding anything.

that was happening to me earlier in the thread. it was failing to convert ac3 to aac - if you look in your unmanic.log for

the current file's audio streams (ac3) do not match the configured audio codec (aac or whatever you set it to)

you'll see that those files just keep going through. I only got it to stop by disabling audio conversion until it's figured out.
Not a huge deal though, once it's fixed i'll just re-enable it and let it run through the library again

1 minute ago, jonfive said:

that was happening to me earlier in the thread. it was failing to convert ac3 to aac - if you look in your unmanic.log for

the current file's audio streams (ac3) do not match the configured audio codec (aac or whatever you set it to)

you'll see that those files just keep going through. I only got it to stop by disabling audio conversion until it's figured out.
Not a huge deal though, once it's fixed i'll just re-enable it and let it run through the library again

Thanks I missed that post about this. Yeah that is what im seeing in the logs. I will try this for now.

3 hours ago, dglb99 said:

Has anyone gotten Intel quicksync transcoding to work with 10th gen Intel?  I have to use the 6.9 rc2 due to 2.5g lan drivers but I've really been struggling getting this to work.

I'm starting to think that I am not the only one with quicksync issues on 10th gen intel (comet lake) cpus.  I've found a few other posts of people having issues as well, and then I cam across this.

From my limited knowledge of computing it looks like people had issues with the vaapi driver and comet lake processors, and they basically are saying comet lake isn't support and to use intel media-driver.  

Is it possible to see what intel driver unmanic is using?  Or is that packaged into the unRAID kernel?

44 minutes ago, dglb99 said:

I'm starting to think that I am not the only one with quicksync issues on 10th gen intel (comet lake) cpus.  I've found a few other posts of people having issues as well, and then I cam across this.

From my limited knowledge of computing it looks like people had issues with the vaapi driver and comet lake processors, and they basically are saying comet lake isn't support and to use intel media-driver.  

Is it possible to see what intel driver unmanic is using?  Or is that packaged into the unRAID kernel?

You may want to read through this topic, seems that people have it working on the latest beta Unraid.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/92910-is-intel-gen10-supported/

On 2/1/2021 at 12:07 PM, tasmith88 said:

@Josh.5 Hate to say it, but its doing it again. High Ram and CPU usage. Will work for a little while, but then go into high usage mode. Am I the only one is having this problem?

I am having the same issues. It will run just fine for a few hours then max out my ram and cpus. I have 128gb ram and 24 cores with the cpus.

20 hours ago, brownkurts said:

I am having the same issues. It will run just fine for a few hours then max out my ram and cpus. I have 128gb ram and 24 cores with the cpus.

out of curiosity, take a look at the logs. Search for: audio streams (ac3) do not match
For me, when it would fail to convert ac3 to aac, it would hammer the cpu continuously as it was just converting audio, failing and sending it back to the queue again. Perhaps yours was failing to convert ac3 as well?
If so, disable audio transcoding for the time being. that's helped me.

for some reason unmanic keeps crashing. it starts fine, as soon as it loads the first file to convert it fills ram completely and crashes unmanic. i am NOT using /tmp/. the tmp directory is mapped to my appdata. so not sure why it is filling my ram and crashing. i can watch it ram jump on the docker app page in unraid and fill all the way up. i have 62gb of ram.

Hi All, TIA

Situation: I'm testing using a TEST folder, moving files into the folder then launching Unmanic Docker after file copied.
I am having an issue where the file appears to encode twice as per the 'Complete Tasks'
Originally I though it was because of multiple workers - multiple workers consumed the same file.

So I changed it to 1, this way 1 worker, 1 file, but I am still getting multiple entries in the 'completed tasks' section as per the screenshot.
The summary details also do not match;

Task duration is correct in screenshot 1,

but new file size comparison is correct in screenshot 2.

The files appear to play fine, but I wonder why this is the case?

My ultimate goal is to run Unmanic on my library to reduce the file size, but my concerns:

- If i use more than 1 worker, they tend to pickup the same files and process concurrently - but at different progress percentages

- If 1 worker is used, why are there still 2 'completed task' line items

Other noteworthy points:

using /tmp/unmanic as cache path

not processing audio

tests are performed on TEST folder with a copied file already in the folder

using libx265

CPU pinning to 8cores(16threads)

128GB RAM

2021-02-08_12-48-49.png

2021-02-08_12-56-40.png