[Support] Josh5 - Unmanic - Library Optimiser

10 hours ago, Josh.5 said:

Please follow this tutorial for setting up Unmanic on unraid:

Ok, I deleted everything and started completely over. I created a share called transcode and chose Only for cache. I used all default settings except I did add "--cpus='.5'" under Extra Parameters. Unfortunately, it gave the same results as before. After a few minutes entire server became unresponsive and I had to kill all ffmpeg processes to get back to it.

On the temp server, I also deleted everything, created a share called transcode (No cache in this server), and used only default settings. I hit scan in Unmanic. It started, but after a few minutes I could no longer access webui.

I was trying to think of what may have changed as this did work a few days. I am thinking it stopped working when I upgraded Unraid to version 6.9.2. In fact, that's the only thing that changed on the temp server. I am downgrading the temp server and will post back the results.

Thank you for your help!

Has anyone had an issue where unmanicis running correctly for a short period of time and then it stops processing files.  It shows them in the queue to be processed but it is just not grabbing them.  If i restart the container it will process them again for a little while and then stop again at some point?

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 7.40.14 AM.jpg

Edited by dertbv
adding graphic
On 4/11/2021 at 7:42 AM, Josh.5 said:

Before I do write the plugin, can you please update your unmanic to the latest 'staging' build and test that failing file again with the

"Remove subtitles" option unchecked.

I am by no means an FFMPEG expert. So I could be wrong about what the MKV container supports as far as subtitle codecs. The only way I can fix this is if people with these kinds of videos can do the testing for me...

I've tried installing staging build, but my system become unresponsive right after docker starting up and I have to kill the process :(

2 hours ago, Josh.5 said:
3 hours ago, melagodo said:

I've tried installing staging build, but my system become unresponsive right after docker starting up and I have to kill the process emoji20.png

Did this just start happening today?

Yes, sir. Running 6.8.3 with default docker settings.

4 hours ago, melagodo said:

Yes, sir. Running 6.8.3 with default docker settings.

I'm sorry, I'm unable to reproduce this. I am running Unraid 6.9.2 and Unmanic on the latest build of the staging branch.

I would like to make the suggestion.

If anyone wants personal support from myself in setting up Unmanic, I have setup a discord channel. I am able jump on a voice call if required (However, I'm only willing to do voice calls to supporters of the top tier on Patreon).

http://unmanic.app/discord

Hello,

part of my media library is in "MicroHD" format, meaning they are movies where the bitrate has been trimmed, but they are still in x264.

When Unmanic now converts these files to x265, the files become larger than before and still suffer a loss of quality.

Is there any way to prevent this?

Ok, I started over completely from scratch.

I created a new USB drive of Unraid 6.9.1.

I setup the transcode share as requested above and installed only two docker apps, Resilio-Sync and Unmanic. I only started Resilio Sync until it synced all of my movies back over. This took almost 5 days.

After sync finished, I started Unmanic at 12:42PM. I then accessed the webui and clicked on Rescan. It started three workers. One minute later I could no longer access webui.

image.png.8c384e04f4c9374d1c5ad1aa29593de8.png

Right before webui stopped working I could see a process called unmanic in the screenshot above.

Since the last update in the staging branche (my server did it in the night of 18th april) Unmanic doesn't want to load. A friend of mine with exacly the same configuration (unraid 6.9.2) has te same issue. 

We both use Nvidia cards and when we both revert back to the normal build everythingt works again. We both checked our log and It's exacly the same can you please help us out? or did something go wrong in the last staging build?

Log for unmanic.txt

Since the last update in the staging branche (my server did it in the night of 18th april) Unmanic doesn't want to load. A friend of mine with exacly the same configuration (unraid 6.9.2) has te same issue. 

We both use Nvidia cards and when we both revert back to the normal build everythingt works again. We both checked our log and It's exacly the same can you please help us out? or did something go wrong in the last staging build?
Log for unmanic.txt
There was indeed. Unfortunately, to properly fix this you will need to wipe your settings dB file.

I found 2 issues. The first issue that you are having here I've fixed and you can keep using your Unmanic installation with current settings simply by updating to the staging branch again. But the second issue is more of a pain. You will not be able to install plugins down the line if you don't reset the database...

I recommend that anyone running the staging branch who updated within the last 48 hours, delete your unmanic.db and fetch the latest version of the staging branch.

I need to come up with a better way to mutate dB structure for switching between Unmanic versions in the future.
9 hours ago, Josh.5 said:

There was indeed. Unfortunately, to properly fix this you will need to wipe your settings dB file.

I found 2 issues. The first issue that you are having here I've fixed and you can keep using your Unmanic installation with current settings simply by updating to the staging branch again. But the second issue is more of a pain. You will not be able to install plugins down the line if you don't reset the database...

I recommend that anyone running the staging branch who updated within the last 48 hours, delete your unmanic.db and fetch the latest version of the staging branch.

I need to come up with a better way to mutate dB structure for switching between Unmanic versions in the future.

Hi Josh,

Thnx for the info Unmanic works again in the staging build. But now I see a new transcode error can you take a look with me?

the error I see in unmanic is:

COMMAND: ffmpeg -i /library/tv/South Park/Season 11/South Park - S11E01 - With Apologies to Jesse Jackson Bluray-1080p.mkv -hide_banner -loglevel info -strict -2 -max_muxing_queue_size 512 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:2 -map 0:3 -c:v:0 hevc_nvenc -c:a:0 copy -c:a:1 copy -c:a:2 copy -y /tmp/unmanic/unmanic_file_conversion-1619064209.9161236/South Park - S11E01 - With Apologies to Jesse Jackson Bluray-1080p-1619064209.9161353-WORKING-1.mkv LOG:

unmanic.log

27 minutes ago, DeadDevil6210 said:

Hi Josh,

Thnx for the info Unmanic works again in the staging build. But now I see a new transcode error can you take a look with me?

the error I see in unmanic is:

COMMAND: ffmpeg -i /library/tv/South Park/Season 11/South Park - S11E01 - With Apologies to Jesse Jackson Bluray-1080p.mkv -hide_banner -loglevel info -strict -2 -max_muxing_queue_size 512 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:2 -map 0:3 -c:v:0 hevc_nvenc -c:a:0 copy -c:a:1 copy -c:a:2 copy -y /tmp/unmanic/unmanic_file_conversion-1619064209.9161236/South Park - S11E01 - With Apologies to Jesse Jackson Bluray-1080p-1619064209.9161353-WORKING-1.mkv LOG:

unmanic.logUnavailable

Message me on discord and I'll be able to help you out

Hi Josh

Not sure what's changed but the I've been using staging branch perfectly fine for few weeks and since 18th April it's just stopped processing files even though watcher and run on start is enabled. Even though there are new files for processing it's not adding them to queue. 

ive changed to latest build and it then found the outstanding files that require processing but none of the workers begin to work. 

can you please help? 

1 hour ago, mickh18 said:

Hi Josh

Not sure what's changed but the I've been using staging branch perfectly fine for few weeks and since 18th April it's just stopped processing files even though watcher and run on start is enabled. Even though there are new files for processing it's not adding them to queue. 

ive changed to latest build and it then found the outstanding files that require processing but none of the workers begin to work. 

can you please help? 

Ignore this I've just read previous post and have deleted the db. It's sprung back into life :)

On 4/11/2021 at 7:42 AM, Josh.5 said:

Before I do write the plugin, can you please update your unmanic to the latest 'staging' build and test that failing file again with the

"Remove subtitles" option unchecked.

I am by no means an FFMPEG expert. So I could be wrong about what the MKV container supports as far as subtitle codecs. The only way I can fix this is if people with these kinds of videos can do the testing for me...

Ok, i've been able to run staging build (had to delete db and restart container).

I've tried again with "Remove subtitles" option unchecked, but job immediatly fails

COMMAND:
ffmpeg -i /library/tv/Sailor moon test/test.mkv -hide_banner -loglevel info -strict -2 -max_muxing_queue_size 512 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:2 -map 0:3 -map 0:4 -c:v:0 libx265 -c:a:0 copy -c:a:1 copy -c:s:0 srt -c:s:1 srt -y /tmp/unmanic/unmanic_file_conversion-1619260598.1641102/test-1619260598.1641166-WORKING-1.mkv

LOG:

Happy to help you sort this out with any kind of testing!

Edited by melagodo

Ok, i've been able to run staging build (had to delete db and restart container).
I've tried again with "Remove subtitles" option unchecked, but job immediatly fails

COMMAND:ffmpeg -i /library/tv/Sailor moon test/test.mkv -hide_banner -loglevel info -strict -2 -max_muxing_queue_size 512 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:2 -map 0:3 -map 0:4 -c:v:0 libx265 -c:a:0 copy -c:a:1 copy -c:s:0 srt -c:s:1 srt -y /tmp/unmanic/unmanic_file_conversion-1619260598.1641102/test-1619260598.1641166-WORKING-1.mkvLOG:

Happy to help you sort this out with any kind of testing!

I'm not able to help you with the long lines you have provided.

If you have logs with errors in them, feel free to open an issue ticket on GitHub with ALL the logs attached.

As I mentioned earlier, if you are wanting help personally with regard to configuring Unmanic or issues with your files, please contact me on discord as a patron. I am unable to provide assistance to everyone who has issues with the configuration of unmanic or issues specific to their files. I would much rather spend my time further developing the application.
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Josh.5 said:

If you have logs with errors in them, feel free to open an issue ticket on GitHub with ALL the logs attached.
[...] I am unable to provide assistance to everyone who has issues with the configuration of unmanic or issues specific to their files. I would much rather spend my time further developing the application.

That's the problem, log just says "LOG:", I've copied and pasted all the info that I'm seeing.

You've already given a lot to the community with this wonderful docker and I'll surely become a Patreon for help with this specific issue (as I've stated, unmanic worked without any problem with all my tv library except this serie).

Thanks again for you're wonderful work :)

2021-04-24 15_20_31-History _ Unmanic – Mozilla Firefox.png

• 2 weeks later...

Unmanic has ran great until the last few days. I keep getting can't reach page then it will pop up and load and then give me can't reach page again. I renamed the settings.json and the unmanic.db file and started back up with no change. Any suggestion of what I can try next? I am running Version - 0.0.4+d103d6c

Some additional info. I noticed that my space used in the container seems very high. My docker img file is set to 50gigs and the unmanic container seems to be hitting that mark. I have some very large mkv movies files pending to encode. Is that causing my issue? I have my tmp folder set to use another folder on the cache drive which is a 2TB ssd. In the docker screen I can see the space used go up to a point and then start over again. It repeats this so I assume it is hitting a space limit. 

/config/mnt/cache/appdata/unmanic
/library/movies/mnt/user/data/media/movies/
/library/tv/mnt/user/data/media/tv/
/tmp/unmanic/mnt/cache/system/tmp/8.41%
40.51GiB / 46.93GiB        <-------------------- filling up my docker img allocated space? I have the mapping setup correctly but it doesnt look like unmanic used the space correctly for the tmp folder /tmp/unmanic------>/mnt/plex_data/tmp/

On a side note....I see folks saying the changed the build version of unmanic. Where do I do that at in unraid? 

Edited by bclinton
42 minutes ago, Sebastiaan99 said:

My Unmanic keeps crashing since the last time I boot my server, I tried to restart multiple times. Also reinstalled multiple times. But nothing work. It works after a reinstall until it get the first jobs. I attached my logs, I hope somebody can help me

I had the same exact issue and after several weeks of trying to get it working I came across Tdarr. It's not as easy to setup, but hasn't crashed my system once.

Not trying to knock Unmanic. Just saying there are other options.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Eddie Seelke said:

I had the same exact issue and after several weeks of trying to get it working I came across Tdarr. It's not as easy to setup, but hasn't crashed my system once.

Not trying to knock Unmanic. Just saying there are other options.

Had a look at Tdarr.....looks interesting......but as you said it does not look like a simple setup. I might have to wait for a Spaceinvader video :)