[Support] Josh5 - Unmanic - Library Optimiser

8 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I am seeing messages displayed of the form:

304 GET /?ajax=workersInfo (192.168.0.12) 7.13ms

What is strange is I do not see where that IP address has come from.  It is NOT the address of the system running Unmanic.   It is almost as if that address is hard-coded somewhere?

thats not the address i see. I think its different from install to install

I agree it can change as I have a different value displayed when I run Unmanic under docker.   However I have made a few installs under Linux on SBC systems and they all seem to show that address.   I guess I was wondering what is the meaning of it if it is not a system that is actually on my local LAN.

3 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I agree it can change as I have a different value displayed when I run Unmanic under docker.   However I have made a few installs under Linux on SBC systems and they all seem to show that address.   I guess I was wondering what is the meaning of it if it is not a system that is actually on my local LAN.

I'm getting this which is incidentally one IP under the server address:

[I 190211 18:44:30 web:2162] 200 GET /?ajax=pendingTasks&format=html (192.168.1.130) 539.42ms

@Josh.5 I am also getting this:

[W 190211 18:53:30 pyinotify:929] Event queue overflowed.
[2019-02-11 18:53:50,778 pyinotify WARNING] Event queue overflowed.

2 hours ago, trekkiedj said:

I'm getting this which is incidentally one IP under the server address:

[I 190211 18:44:30 web:2162] 200 GET /?ajax=pendingTasks&format=html (192.168.1.130) 539.42ms

@Josh.5 I am also getting this:

[W 190211 18:53:30 pyinotify:929] Event queue overflowed.
[2019-02-11 18:53:50,778 pyinotify WARNING] Event queue overflowed.

That may be something.... I'll log it and look into it when I get time.

3 hours ago, itimpi said:

I am seeing messages displayed of the form:

304 GET /?ajax=workersInfo (192.168.0.12) 7.13ms

What is strange is I do not see where that IP address has come from.  It is NOT the address of the system running Unmanic.   It is almost as if that address is hard-coded somewhere?

This is not hard coded. This is a request from an open browser. Check on your network what device is 192.168.0.12, it will have an open browser tab looking at the webUI dashboard.

This will be polling every 5 seconds for an update for the workers.

These logs are already on my todo list to move to their own file like I did with the main service logs and implement a log rotation of 7 days

14 minutes ago, Josh.5 said:

This is not hard coded. This is a request from an open browser. Check on your network what device is 192.168.0.12, it will have an open browser tab looking at the webUI dashboard.

These logs are already on my todo list to move to their own file like I did with the main service logs and implement a log rotation of 7 days

Ok that makes sense.   Now that I know what the messages relate to I was able to track down what device had the running browser session.

34 minutes ago, Josh.5 said:

Ahh yes, the ip in my log is my laptop. so that makes sense.

@Josh.5 I have found a small bug. Where the file-type (therefore extension) differs pre and post conversion, the file gets re-added back into the queue on next scan. See below where the same three files previously encoded have been re-added because the original was MP4 or TS or AVI

Edit: It seems to add new files without checking whether conversion is necessary. I recently upgraded a movie to 4k HEVC and it has added that to the queue.

Untitled.png

Edited by trekkiedj
20 hours ago, airbillion said:

Hello,

Would it be possible to add an option for an output folder rather than the re-encoded video staying in the same folder?

This would be helpful for automation of renaming files once converted.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I would find this useful as well.   Ideally there should then be a checkbox as to whether the original should be deleted or retained (although I personally would happy with the original being deleted).

For me the other almost imperitive addition would be to be able to automatically add a string to the converted filename (something like "re-encode") which will then force Radarr/Sonarr to reanalyse the file and note the new codec.

Without the renaming option, Radarr and Sonarr wont re check the file and will still think it is h264 or mpeg4 and when a h265 file is available, re-download it which is a waste of time.

NVENC would make this great. it is using ffmpeg, so if I pass through the gpu credentials to the docker, would unmanic be able to take advantage?

Currently I just have a 2core g3258 cpu, so converting to h265 using cpu only would not be efficient at all.

I am getting a GTX1050 in today, so I should be able to use it for Plex transcoding, it would just be nice to be able to take advantage of it through unmanic as well.

Edited by mestep
On 2/18/2019 at 7:44 AM, mestep said:

NVENC would make this great. it is using ffmpeg, so if I pass through the gpu credentials to the docker, would unmanic be able to take advantage?

Currently I just have a 2core g3258 cpu, so converting to h265 using cpu only would not be efficient at all.

I am getting a GTX1050 in today, so I should be able to use it for Plex transcoding, it would just be nice to be able to take advantage of it through unmanic as well.

Yes this would be awesome if we could passthru Nvidia to this docker.

One other question is 0.0.1-beta3 the latest version?  I have josh5/unmanic:latest set for repository.

Thanks for the awesome docker!

This is on my todo list. Its a good idea.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
When will this be available in Community Applications, I would really like to try this but I only have experience installing dockers from within the apps tab.
At the moment this docker is still beta. There are too many features missing. I'm afraid of it is added to the community application installer I may get inundated with feature requests.
At the moment I'm tied up with work til possibly around April. I'm able to set aside small bursts of development effort to work on this app, but it is not easy to dedicate the time needed for the bigger features.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Derrick said:

Sorry if this has been asked/answered elsewhere, but what are the default settings for bitrate/resolution/etc? Is this supposed to be passing through the original file settings

So this is a very simple breakdown of what unmanic currently does. 

I'm in no way an expert with ffmpeg, so I welcome anyone to come forward and tell me this is wrong and it's not working this way....

for each video stream:
    re-encode:
        bitrate: source
        resolution: source
        codec: hevc (can be configured in settings)
        encoder: libx265 (locked to codec at the moment)
for each audio stream:
    (if audio channel has more than 2 channels (not stereo):)
        clone source audio channel (does not re-encode)
        copy source audio channel re-encode to stereo (with same title where possible. Eg. English -> English Stereo):
            bitrate: 128k
            codec: aac
            encoder: aac
    (if audio channel is stereo:)
        re-encode stereo audio channel:
            bitrate: 128k
            codec: aac
            encoder: aac
for each subtitle stream:
    (if setting for stripping subtitle streams out of mux is set)
        do nothing (subtitles will not be cloned to destination)
    (else)
        clone source subtitle stream (does not re-encode)

Edited by Josh.5
  • Like 1