[SOLVED] Following upgrade from 6.1.x to 6.5.3 - Cache Drive will not write a file system

Hi All, 

I upgraded from 6.1.x to 6.5.3 and then the Cache drive became unusable due to the file type, I selected "Yes I want to do this" and formatted it, assuming it could rebuild a cache. After formatting once, it stated it was still unmountable. I'm now in a loop where I select "Yes I want to do this" to format the disk, select format, it goes through the motions and returns me to the main screen where it's still unmountable. I posted on Reddit, and was told by a very helpful person this is a known bug, and I could either downgrade, then copy off the cache stuff, but I'd already formatted, so as a consequence I went with the second recommendation and installed the Unassigned Devices plugin from the github link in the forum post here. Set it to destructive mode, expecting additional options, but it appears to be the same process. 

When I go into detail on the drive it says it's in ext4, but then also says it has no file system, which I find a little puzzling. 

I'm running a HP ProLiant MicroServer G7 N54L microserver and the disks in question can be found in the screen cap I have along with the syslog zip. 

Hope that's all the required information, many thanks for any assistance. 

UNRAID CACHE DRIVE PAGE.PNG

UNRAID Problem.PNG

tower-diagnostics-20190106-0510.zip

• hunraid changed the title to [SOLVED] Following upgrade from 6.1.x to 6.5.3 - Cache Drive will not write a file system