List of 2990wx Issues (Pls help)

Oh boy. New upgrade new set of issues.

First thing's first, cpus are pinned and isolated but vms are still super slow. My vega64 vm still suffers from reset bug but the RX580 vm is sloooowwww

Fix Common Issues reported I need to enable zenstates, I did so following the instructions (editing go file) but after several reboots it still reports zenstates aren't enabled

Also have an error that states ```Your CPU is running constantly at 100% and will not throttle down when it's idle (to save heat / power). This is because there is currently no CPU Scaling Driver Installed. Seek assistance on the unRaid forums with this issue```

also /var/log keeps filling up

Only the vega64 reset issue was with my 1950x.

Any guidance would be appreciated! Docker is working great so that's nice and unraid is usable for me for now but I'd really like my linux workstation and windows gaming pc back so I can stop using my laptop lol

rasputin-diagnostics-20190106-1106.zip

Edited by Starlord
forgot var/log issue
14 minutes ago, Starlord said:

Fix Common Issues reported I need to enable zenstates,

Not sure if this is required anymore.  No one has ever actually answered that question.  Probably going to remove the test from FCP as the Ryzen issues seem to have dissipated with later unRaid versions 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Jerky_san said:

I don't use zenstates as the 2990wx I believe has a fix for that built in.

If you plan to do VMs have a look at my post about things to resolve caching issues.

also look at the end where I discuss how I crossed NUMAs without a performance hit with these settings.

I'll take a look at this now
Edit: Oh I need to patch qemu in unraid? Oh boy. I'll start looking into that too. I really wish unraid was just a paid menu I could install on top of my distro of choice for this exact reason lol

Edited by Starlord
4 hours ago, Starlord said:

I'll take a look at this now
Edit: Oh I need to patch qemu in unraid? Oh boy. I'll start looking into that too. I really wish unraid was just a paid menu I could install on top of my distro of choice for this exact reason lol

Just wait for 6.7 to come out. You don't have to patch it but you have to pass an epyc cpu instead for the cache to work properly. Sadly AMD just entered the scene in a big way so it's taking a while to play catch up.

• Like 1