[SOLVED] 6.6.6 > Fresh Install : Cannot Connect Web Interface

fl0at

New to unRaid.  Figured I would try the trial.  I downloaded the ZIP, and tried the manual (legacy) make boot batch file inside Win 10.  But that didn't work (UEFI).  So I downloaded the Unraid USB Creator, and used local zip.  Worked great.

Booted into unRaid, GUI, and used default user: root.  I hit the LIME icon for start menu, and went to "unRAID Web Interface."  Showed "Unable to connect." 

I went to tty1 and showed that I had an IP from my net.  I logged into dd-wrt admin and showed that TOWER was DHCP'd the same IP.  I went into WIN 10 and attempted to load HTTP and HTTPS on that IP.  And on HTTP and HTTPS://TOWER/ (though not everyone allows NetBIOS but whatever).

No joy.  Additionally, I'm posting this message from FireFox running inside the Web GUI.  So definitely got internet access. 

How do I access the Web Interface?  unRAID seems like it would be a good fit for my needs... but not off to a great selling start. 

Edited by fl0at
1 hour ago, trurl said:

Looks like you are having a problem with your flash, either the flash drive itself or the port it is plugged into. Try another port, preferably USB2.

Which line/lines in syslog are you basing that off of, out of curiosity?

On second look, what I was seeing might just be because you haven't registered or assigned any disks yet. Can you ping something out on the internet from your server command line?

There are a number of FSCK*.REC files on your flash drive that suggests it had some corruption that had to be repaired. So maybe contents of your flash drive is not quite right now.

Might be worthwhile to try another port as well. It is a common problem, especially with USB3 ports.

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

On second look, what I was seeing might just be because you haven't registered or assigned any disks yet. Can you ping something out on the internet from your server command line?

There are a number of FSCK*.REC files on your flash drive that suggests it had some corruption that had to be repaired. So maybe contents of your flash drive is not quite right now.

Might be worthwhile to try another port as well. It is a common problem, especially with USB3 ports.

Tried another port.  Tried another drive. 

Then I tried another version.  Version 6.6.5 works fine.  Version 6.5.3 works fine.  Across both USB sticks, and any plugged in port.

Version 6.6.6, which hashes exactly as shown on the download page does not work in either USB stick, in any port.  I think it is bugged for fresh installs.

12 minutes ago, fl0at said:

Version 6.6.6, which hashes exactly as shown on the download page does not work in either USB stick, in any port.  I think it is bugged for fresh installs.

Every boot of Unraid is effectively a fresh install.

3 minutes ago, fl0at said:

Using USB creator with stable and letting it download and put on seems to fire up just fine, so I'm just going to assume something screwy with writing the stick happened, and marked this as solved.

Thanks for the help @trurl

So do you mean 6.6.6 is working for you now?

15 hours ago, trurl said:

Every boot of Unraid is effectively a fresh install.

So do you mean 6.6.6 is working for you now?

Yes, 6.6.6 is working for me now.  I have a bad USB port on the desktop I'm using to write to the stick.   Switching ports on the write side seems to have solved it.

The FSCK*.rec on the boot drive were from me hard shutting down, or maybe shutdown -h now.  Have to check shutdown -h now when I get home, cause that is how I killed it last night.

But I'll clean install again before I register the key.

Thanks again.