HELP Updated to 6.6.6 and now lost Apps, Dockers and VMs

I updated to 6.6.6 and thought everything was good until I noticed that the Dashboard was showing 'No apps available to show'

I then checked each of the header sections and DOCKER, is blank ( shouldn't be) also VMs ( I had 3 running) everything else seems fine (drives, shares,plugins are ok)

Thinking there was a problem I restored to 6.6.5 and still the same issue, what has gone wrong here? HELP, please.

I thought about going back to 6.6.6 but wanted to post in here first for your comments.

I've run the Diagnostics Tool and zip attached.

goliath-diagnostics-20190109-1208.zip

I've checked the system share and its only on the cache, there are no other system folders on any other drive.
I've also gone through the disks and also other shares and cannot see a system folder or the docker.img libvit.img files...

I am perplexed why all my dockers' apps have disappeared (dockers appdata is still in the 'AppData' folder) and vm's also not showing but the disks are in the 'domain' folder.

Your diagnostics show cache-only appdata share exists on cache and disk2. That shouldn't be causing your symptoms and is easy to fix later.

domains share exists on cache,disk1,2,4,5,6. Don't know if this is as expected or not.

Your docker and libvirt images are mounting though. I haven't looked at a lot of docker.log files but it isn't empty and doesn't seem to be filling up with errors.

Have you tried to use any of your dockers, at their usual website for example? Just wondering if they are still working but for some reason the Unraid webUI is broken and not showing them.

3 hours ago, GFRoSTY said:

Thinking there was a problem I restored to 6.6.5

Does this mean 6.6.5 was the version you were using before, or do you just mean you also tried 6.6.5 and it didn't fix it?

Have you tried booting in SAFE mode?

Thanks for the replies so far...

I tried to connect to SABNZB which in on 8080 - can't be reached... and I also can't connect to any others that I had set up :(

I was running 6.6.5 and upgraded to 6.6.6 when I noticed no dockers, vm's so thought something must have gone wrong with the upgrade so I restored to my previous 6.6.5 which then showed me no dockers., vms

I tried the GUI SAFE mode option and after starting the array no dockers or vms.

One thing I did see on restarting was the closed down activities and it said stopping docker containers and then it said that libvirt "was not running".

What would cause both dockers and vm's to not show up?  All shares, disks, plugins, tools all appear to be OK. The app data info is a still there as is appconfig data (well for 2 apps anyway - (musicbrainz& upststaboard)

I have backups of my previous unraid root flash files for 6.6.3 / 6.6.2 version,  would there be anything in there to help me fix my issue?

Anything else I can look at, provide logs, config, settings to assist in the diagnosis and fix?

On 1/9/2019 at 9:49 AM, GFRoSTY said:

I've also gone through the disks and also other shares and cannot see a system folder or the docker.img libvit.img files...

Do you mean here that you can't find them at all on cache or any array disk? Or do you just mean there are not duplicates? If they do exist, which disk are they on? Are they at the paths specified in Settings - Docker and Settings - VM Manager?

15 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you mean here that you can't find them at all on cache or any array disk? Or do you just mean there are not duplicates? If they do exist, which disk are they on? Are they at the paths specified in Settings - Docker and Settings - VM Manager?

docker and libvirt files are in the "system" folder which resides on the cache and nowhere else.

settings - docker says location /mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img

Hi Constructor...  I've deleted the docker.img file from the cache/system folder and the system recreated it but not sure where it put it as it is no longer in 'system'.

I looked at previous apps and selected the ones I wanted and HEY PRESTO  back to normal working operation with the DOCKER.

Great stuff, so thanks for all the DOCKER related info/tips

NOW, that moves me onto why ALL my VM's have disappeared any ideas how to get them back?

9 minutes ago, GFRoSTY said:

Hi Constructor...  I've deleted the docker.img file from the cache/system folder and the system recreated it but not sure where it put it as it is no longer in 'system'.

Hi Member (that is your name, right?)

Your docker image gets put where it specifies in Settings - Docker, as already explained. If you didn't change it that is where you already said:

On 1/11/2019 at 8:44 AM, GFRoSTY said:

settings - docker says location /mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img

And according to your previous diagnostics, the system share is cache-prefer, so if there was room on cache then it would have put it there.

If you didn't change any of that then I don't know what you're looking at that makes you think otherwise.