CUSTOMUPSCABLE=""
UPSTYPE="usb"
DEVICE=""
BATTERYLEVEL="10"
MINUTES="10"
TIMEOUT="0"
KILLUPS="no"
root@ffs2:~#

Nearly new Tripp Lite, tons and tons of capacity, with my unraid server being the only item plugged in.  Its a 17 drive system though, but usually a drive or two are spun up, at the most, so there isn't a huge power draw.

I just tripped a breaker, and heard the UPS complain.  I ran out to the panel and reset the breaker (15 amp circuits FOAD), and kept doing what I was doing.  Few hours later I noticed the unraid server was powered down.  Sweet, I hadn't tried the UPS since I installed it (not sure how to do it without risking hard-shutdowns).  I figured unraid must have shutdown shortly after the UPS went to battery, and powered it back on.

Parity check!

Logged in and system was doing a parity check (none scheduled), so a hard shutdown had occurred.  

Pic attached of UPS screen.  I don't know what to configure or how to (safely) test.  Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

ups.jpg

Edited by tucansam

I notice the runtime report 180min and weird loading was zero (could be normal). As @jonathanm said, pls confirm unraid was plug-in UPS protect socket. 

Pls also check does other docker / VM cause unraid couldn't shutdown too.

2 hours ago, tucansam said:

how to (safely) test

Stop the array first.

Edited by Benson