Errors occurred - Check SMART report

So this is a brand new server. I’m new to server builds and Unraid, so I’m taking things super-slow so I don’t screw too many things up and make compounding mistakes. I’m running Unraid 6.6.6 with Community Apps and Fix Common Problems plugins installed.

I have a GA-7PESH2 motherboard with a SAS Expander. I have two SATA SSD drives (Cache 1 and 2) connected directly to the motherboard SATA3 ports. Two SATA drives (Parity 1 and 2) and three SAS drives (Disks 1, 2, and 3) all run through the SAS expander. Parity 1 and 2 and Disc 3 are all brand new, while Disks 2 and 3 are refurbished.

I have been running SMART tests before setting up my shares and starting to transfer files. I keep getting an error message on Disk 1. Any time I tell it to start a SMART test it goes for about a second and then comes up with this message: “Errors occurred - Check SMART report.” Honestly the SMART report for all three SAS drives (Disks 1, 2, and 3) look very different from the SMART reports for the Parity and Cache drives, so I’m really not sure how to tell if/what errors are present. I’ve attached my system diagnostics. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

albus-diagnostics-20190111-1453.zip

Aaaah, ok, that makes sense. For what it's worth, that SMART test is now complete and I've attached new diagnostics. I guess I'll try to learn a little more info about SAS SMART tests. I mean I guess in general I'm just trying to be proactive about looking into the "health" of my drives, and there are probably some other ways to do that too that I'll explore. Thanks!

albus-diagnostics-20190112-1657.zip