Flash Drive died and now can't access WebGUI

Hello all,

I was trying to install a new drive in to my Unraid server and the system wouldn't boot up. I eventually found out that the Flash drive in it had died so I followed the instructions here and here.   I had a copy of my config folder so I copied that to the new flash drive WITHOUT including the System.dat file. It will boot up, I see the name of my server and I can log in to the command line on the server with my old password so I assume those settings are there. The problem is the WebGUI won't come up and no shares are showing up if I browse it through SMB.

I believe this is version 6.4.4 of Unraid that I downloaded and installed to the flash drive. I would upload a diagnostics.zip file but while I can telnet in to it and run the diagnostics I don't know how to get that file on my system to upload.

Can anyone help me in what I should do next?

BTW I have an old diagnostics zip that I used to pull the config files, Is there anything else i can use from there?

Edited by severanced
2 minutes ago, severanced said:

Hello all,

I was trying to install a new drive in to my Unraid server and the system wouldn't boot up. I eventually found out that the Flash drive in it had died so I followed the instructions here and here.   I had a copy of my config folder so I copied that to the new flash drive WITHOUT including the System.dat file. It will boot up, I see the name of my server and I can log in to the command line on the server with my old password so I assume those settings are there. The problem is the WebGUI won't come up and no shares are showing up if I browse it through SMB.

I believe this is version 6.4.4 of Unraid that I downloaded and installed to the flash drive. I would upload a diagnostics.zip file but while I can telnet in to it and run the diagnostics I don't know how to get that file on my system to upload.

Can anyone help me in what I should do next?

shutdown the server

powerdown

the pull the flash drive and upload the file from another computer (its in the logs folder)

I ran diagnostics and pulled the drive and there was no log folder there. I ran it again and it said

Starting diagnostics collection... mkdir: cannot create directory '/boot/logs': Input/output error
done.
ZIP file '/boot/logs/[SERVERNAME]-diagnostics-20190113-1618.zip' created

[SERVERNAME] is obviously my servername and not what the file said.

That suggests that the flash drive is not being mounted correctly during the boot process.

if you can log in at the console then try using the ‘df’ command.   This should list the mounted devices.    If the flash drive has been correctly mounted you will have /boot listed as one of the mounted devices.   If it is not showing up then we then need to try and work out what is stopping the flash drive from being mounted correctly during the boot process

That's originally what I did and it said "invalid key" and I tried to replace the key on the registration screen and got an error there when inputting my email address. I think there may be a problem with the system writing to this flash drive as now it's coming up, my original server name is no longer there as the login again and the webgui is not coming up again. 

Thank you so much for all of your help so far, I've gotten it to boot up with the right name and I've thrown the config files that are not the .DAT file in to the config folder, I can get to the webgui, and, as expected the array is not running and the disks are not assigned. I understand that if I don't know exactly how the last system was set up that I should post on the forum for more help. 

I do have an old diagnostics file from November and there shouldn't be any drive changes from then until now if that is any help. What should my next steps be?

EDIT: oh yes, I was able to register the key as well so that worked properly too.

Edited by severanced

I think my heart skipped a beat but it looks like everything is there, I'll start a parity check and it looks like my docker files are there, although I don't know if I should reinstall them since there are no icons. Looks like I also need to redo the security, users, and plugins, would I find that information in the diagnostics file? That shouldn't have changed any either.

Thanks very much for the help!

1 hour ago, severanced said:

Looks like I also need to redo the security, users, and plugins, would I find that information in the diagnostics file?

Take a look, especially in the config folder. Diagnostics is text files you can examine. The plugins aren't in there but a list of them is in the system folder.

You should reinstall dockers or you won't be able to edit them, reinstall them, or update them from the webUI.