Funkwhale

Hey guys!  I found a new music docker on CA called Funkwhale.  Seems perfect for my needs but I can't seem to import my music folder to it.  I use the github instructions, https://github.com/thetarkus/docker-funkwhale, and get stuck at the last part.  it says "manage.py import_files: error: unrecognized arguments: -6103-4661-b33b-7b9a4ec06fe1"  I take away that I then get "CommandError: Invalid library id"  Any ideas?!  @thetarkus is the builder of the docker.  I can't seem to find him here either.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Figured it out... I left the $ sign in.... :(

Edited by GreenEyedMonster
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, GreenEyedMonster said:

Hey guys!  I found a new music docker on CA called Funkwhale.  Seems perfect for my needs but I can't seem to import my music folder to it.  I use the github instructions, https://github.com/thetarkus/docker-funkwhale, and get stuck at the last part.  it says "manage.py import_files: error: unrecognized arguments: -6103-4661-b33b-7b9a4ec06fe1"  I take away that I then get "CommandError: Invalid library id"  Any ideas?!  @thetarkus is the builder of the docker.  I can't seem to find him here either.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Figured it out... I left the $ sign in.... :(

were you able to get it to import flac files? I imported all my mp3 but the majority of my music is flac. I keep getting traceback errors

EDIT: for flac evidently you need to change the command to this

docker exec -it Funkwhale /usr/bin/python3 /app/api/manage.py import_files da8bd97b-3c3f-4e7b-92cb-6ba45721837b "/music/**/**/*.flac" --in-place --async --recursive

Edited by ffhelllskjdje
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey, I just got this docker installed and running and my problem is doing the initial media scan.

I'm trying the command:

python app/api/manage.py import_files $LIBRARY_ID "/music/" --recursive --noinput --in-place

I do have my music directory mapde to /music/ within the docker, and there is a lot of music in there.

I get the response:

Checking imported paths against settings.MUSIC_DIRECTORY_PATH
Import summary:
- 1 files found matching this pattern: ['/music/']
- 0 files already found in database
- 1 new files
Selected options: in place
For details, please refer to import refrence 'cli-2020-07-22T18:50:39.505051+00:00' or URL http://farmfunkwhale.duckdns.org/content/libraries/a03b5ec8-7e65-4796-91c9-0accf9a91a57/upload?import=cli-2020-07-22T18%3A50%3A39.505051%2B00%3A00
1/1 Importing /music/...
Error while importing /music/: IsADirectoryError [Errno 21] Is a directory: '/music/'
Successfully imported 1 tracks
1 tracks could not be imported:
- /music/: IsADirectoryError [Errno 21] Is a directory: '/music/'

"

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/22/2020 at 8:52 PM, happymaan said:

Hey, I just got this docker installed and running and my problem is doing the initial media scan.

I'm trying the command:

python app/api/manage.py import_files $LIBRARY_ID "/music/" --recursive --noinput --in-place

I do have my music directory mapde to /music/ within the docker, and there is a lot of music in there.

I get the response:

Checking imported paths against settings.MUSIC_DIRECTORY_PATH
Import summary:
- 1 files found matching this pattern: ['/music/']
- 0 files already found in database
- 1 new files
Selected options: in place
For details, please refer to import refrence 'cli-2020-07-22T18:50:39.505051+00:00' or URL http://farmfunkwhale.duckdns.org/content/libraries/a03b5ec8-7e65-4796-91c9-0accf9a91a57/upload?import=cli-2020-07-22T18%3A50%3A39.505051%2B00%3A00
1/1 Importing /music/...
Error while importing /music/: IsADirectoryError [Errno 21] Is a directory: '/music/'
Successfully imported 1 tracks
1 tracks could not be imported:
- /music/: IsADirectoryError [Errno 21] Is a directory: '/music/'

"

Got the same error. Can anyone pls help?