Hi,
I have an Z400 from hp with the following config 

Intel Xeon X5660 six core cpu 

32GB ddr3 gaming ram 

4 3TB drives an 1 ssd 

WX7100 8gb GPU 

Unraid version 6.6.6 with a basic license 

When i try to get the WX7100 passtrough i get the following 

internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2019-01-14T16:10:27.054021Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=0f:00.0,id=hostdev0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x5,romfile=/mnt/disk2/isos/197942.rom: vfio error: 0000:0f:00.0: failed to setup container for group 17: failed to set iommu for container: Operation not permitted

I cant seem to get the WX7100 nor an RX480 passed trough to an Windows 10vm 

I want the GPU to passtrough to an Win 10 vm for photo editing 

And hope to use the gpu for plex also.

I already tried to fix it with 

PCIe ACS override: options both, down stream and off 

wont help it.

IOMMU is enabled 

Can some one please help 

I am not familiar with AMD, but nVidia started encrypting their BIOS, and the connection between their BIOS and drivers a few gens back, and so they need BIOS files passed in to get the drivers to not detect a VM.  My current understanding is that AMD doesn't do that, and so doesn't need a BIOS file for the GPU passed into it...

Beyond that, we would need diagnostics file, and XML from the VM to help...

Edited by Warrentheo

The XML still shows that you are passing a video BIOS file, did you try booting without it?  Also the Q35 Machine is preferred since i440fx can only emulate PCI, and not PCIe...

I have personally encountered several issues when I first started out because I started with the default i440FX, changing to the Q35 fixed performance issues, and several software compatibility issues...

Edited by Warrentheo

Yes i did if i try to setup the Q35 i get 
XML error: The PCI controller with index='0' must be model='pcie-root' for this machine type, but model='pci-root' was found instead 

when i try to apply.

Bios file is now out 

What can i do to fix that error

Edited by sojab0on
Old xml

even after creating a complete clean VM with Q35 and the settings that it pases trough the WX7100 and the sound from the card to the vm when i start it 
internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2019-01-14T18:13:07.661346Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=0f:00.0,id=hostdev0,bus=pci.4,addr=0x0: vfio error: 0000:0f:00.0: failed to setup container for group 17: failed to set iommu for container: Operation not permitted
Gives this. 
The log from the VM and the xml are attached 

XML-w10-game-vm.txt

Log-w10-game.txt