Difficulty creating passthrough VM

I am new to unRaid so I apologize if I have made a newbie mistake. Here's what I have done so far

- Created array and setup docker services for Minecraft and Plex (success)

- Attempted to create Windows 10 VM with passthrough to GPU (failed)

- Error message: internal error: Unknown PCI header type '127'

- Researched online and found that vbios file may be needed (not resolved issue)

- Tried various combinations of bios: SEABIOS/OVFM and machine_type: Q35/i440fx (not resolved issue)

- Tried spinning without GPU as a VNC (successfully spins but does not meet requirements)

My specs:

- Ryzen Threadripper 1900X

- ASUS X399 Zenith Extreme

- 2x XFX Radeon 580

- unRaid v6.6.6

Edited by littleman11186

Been through a couple cycles of fully rebooting after the initial VM creation. It does appear that I cannot start even the same VM after initial setup without encountering the PCI header error. Here's what I'm getting from the VM's that do start up:

vfio_err_notifier_handler(0000:09:00.0) Unrecoverable error detected. Please collect any data possible and then kill the guest

A couple of things, I don't have AMD or Threadripper myself, but some things to keep in mind, GPU passthrough usually requires UEFI boot process...  That means for the host you should not enable "Legacy Boot", since turning that on disables UEFI boot (for extra measure I even disable the "Compatibility Support Module" in my motherboard bios that even enables it to legacy boot since it just causes problems usually)...  For the VM, you should use OVMF, not SeaBios to enable UEFI in the VM...  And use the Q35 machine type since i440fx has to emulate the older PCI to be able to passthrough PCIe...

Try those, and if that doesn't work, then we will need more details, like the Diagnostics files from the system, and the VM XML file...

Edit:

Also, unless you have a specific reason to have it enabled (and there may be one for AMD motherboards, don't know), you should disable the "allow_unsafe_interrupts" option you added to your boot config

Edited by Warrentheo