Parity Errors

3 minutes ago, BrandonG777 said:

I'm receiving parity errors on a regular basis now. I don't recall ever seeing them in the past. I was seeing a lot of call traces due to having a custom docker net, I believe I have resolved those issues but the parity errors continue to show up during parity-checks. Any help/advice is appreciated, server seems to be running fine otherwise.

veyron-diagnostics-20190114-1257.zip

Are you running your parity checks as correcting or non-correcting?     If you are using non-correcting then the errors will persist until you run a correcting check.    If you keep getting new errors then that is more concerning.

Edited by itimpi
1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

No, usually a bad SATA cable, though a single error is no case for concern, if it keeps increasing replace the cable.

What should I do about the continuous parity errors though? Like I said I don't recall seeing these on a regular basis prior to my docker call trace problems.

6 minutes ago, WizADSL said:

How many parity errors are you seeing?

Between 4 and 22 but they've consistently come up since my docker call traces a couple months back. Doing an extended smart test now, and plan on doing a full memtest once I'm at home.

EDIT: @WizADSL I will take your advice on the parity correction scheduling.

Edited by BrandonG777
  • 1 month later...

Okay I've had a couple months with no parity errors. Not sure what I did to resolve this but memtest came up clean. I did blow the dust out and ensured all the SATA connectors were secure. I also changed the schedule to start earlier in the night.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk