hypyke

Docker deleting on failure to reconfigure

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

I am not sure if this needs to be a BR or a feature request of if it's just "the way it works"

If you edit a docker container and that edit fails, for example I added a path and didn't use a slash, ex.

Container path: something

instead of :

Container path /something

The change is made and when you try to apply it deletes the docker first and then fails to reconfigure and you end up with no docker.

Should there be some validation, either on the Apply or at least before the old docker is deleted?  It's an easy mistake to make.

Should be easy enough to recover from. Just go to Apps - Previous Apps and add it again but make the correction before pushing the Add button.

I wasn't aware of that and had to go searching.  Still, you have to re-setup the docker settings and such.  It's not nice.

20 minutes ago, hypyke said:

Still, you have to re-setup the docker settings and such.

The whole point of the Previous Apps feature is to re-use the settings you had before. Did you use Previous Apps?

Just now, trurl said:

The whole point of the Previous Apps feature is to re-use the settings you had before. Did you use Previous Apps?

Nope. I will if it happens again. 

Still, not deleting a docker during a config change because of a typo would be nice.