Need Motherboard Advice from the Experts

Well looks like my mb can't boot without a video card.  So now do I now spend $50 for a graphics card only to find out my mb won't work with the SM-8 or do I just buy a new mb...ahhhhhh decisions...

Find an old PCI video card on craigslist or at a local mom and pop shop.  I got 3 off of craigslist for 10 bucks if i remember correctly.

Ok, ordered a cheap $20 PCI card I found.  I do have another question regarding memory and the power supply.  Right now I have 1GB of ram.  Is it worth upgrading to 2GB or is 1GB enough?  As well, if I am planning on running 15 drives, the budget build ps says it will supply up to 12 drives and the 20 beast monster ps is for 20 drives.  Is there something inbetween like a 500 or 550w ps that anyone can recommend?

1 GB of RAM is enough for stock unRAID usage.  However, if you want to run any add-ons, more RAM will help certain ones (such as cache_dirs, VMs, etc).

I generally recommend buying a single 2 GB stick of RAM, then you can always upgrade more in the future if needed.  If you by a single 1 GB stick of RAM you may outgrow it and have to throw it away eventually.  It seems like 2 GB per stick will be the standard for at least another year or so.

The CMPSU-550VX goes for $69 at Canada Computers.  The 650 sells for $99.  I might as well grab the 550 for that price.

I think right now I have 2 x 500mb sticks in the server.  I don't really use the server for anything but storage.  I'll probably leave it as is for now and maybe at some later date upgrade it a 2GB stick.  I still need to buy 3 x Icy Docks.  I'm just hoping once my pci graphics card arrives, my mb will work ok with the sm-8.