Possible to use FIDO U2F Security Key to log in to encrypted drives?

MinisterPhobia

I recently purchased a FIDO U2F Security Key fob to help me secure some of my web accounts. Now that I've got it, I'm wondering if I might be able to use it to help secure my Unraid encrypted drives.

This is what I got: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M1R5LRD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What I'm picturing, though there might be better ways to do this, is that both the account login and the drive decryption are secured by the fob rather than an actual passphrase or keyfile. Like I said, there's probably better ways to do this, but I'm a relative noob with unraid and I'm still trying to wrap my brain around all it's possibilities.

So, I guess I'm looking for ideas and suggestions on this. While I'm an unraid noob, I'm not a linux noob, so, I can likely (no guarentees) take any good suggestions and run with them, to figure something out. I'm just not sure where to start, or if this is even viable.