10Gbase-T/Nbase-T Support

HI all

Wondering if anyone has had luck getting the Asus ROG 10G Express (Tehuti TN9510) to work? Its a 10g ethernet network card. I am seeing it show up under system devices (IOMMU group 13:[1fc9:4025] 04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Tehuti Networks Ltd. TN9510 10GBase-T/NBASE-T Ethernet Adapter) but it does not show up in network settings. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if the card is just not supported?

I am running OS Version 6.6.6. The card works on my Windows 10 PC so I know the card itself works. Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks.

Edited by danielcook1996

Couple of unrelated observations after looking at the syslog:

-onboard SATA controller is set to IDE, nothing connected there for now but if you use it in the future change to AHCI

-both your disks are connected to a SATA port multiplier, that is usually bad news, doesn't mean it won't work, just that it's more likely to give you issues.

33 minutes ago, limetech said:

This says it's an Aquantia chipset, not Tehuti:

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/ASUS_ROG_Areion_10G

My mistake, it is not the Areion, it is the ROG 10g Express that uses the Tehuti TN9510 chipset, here is what is being detected on my setup (it shows in both Unraid and Windows 10 as being Tehuti): 

IOMMU group 13:[1fc9:4025] 04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Tehuti Networks Ltd. TN9510 10GBase-T/NBASE-T Ethernet Adapter

01:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Tehuti Networks Ltd. TN9510 10GBase-T/NBASE-T Ethernet Adapter [1fc9:4025]
    Subsystem: Tehuti Networks Ltd. Ethernet Adapter [1fc9:3015]

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/asus-maximus-viii-extreme-10gbe,30550.html

Edited by danielcook1996
3 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

NIC is correctly detected but no driver is loaded, you can make a feature request and ask for the driver to be included with next Unraid, and LT usually does, assuming there's a driver available.

They add drivers on feature request ???

Go and put in the latest NVidia Ones you can !!!! XD All the PLEX Guys are screaming to include GPU Drivers to pass trough their Docker containers!!!

3 hours ago, danielcook1996 said:

My mistake, it is not the Areion, it is the ROG 10g Express that uses the Tehuti TN9510 chipset, here is what is being detected on my setup (it shows in both Unraid and Windows 10 as being Tehuti): 

Found the driver on the Tehuti site.  This driver compiles on linux 4.19 kernel included with upcoming Unraid OS 6.7 release.  However I must point out that as we upgrade the kernel, for example, to move to 4.20 or 5.0, if the driver fails to build then we will omit it until vendor fixes the problem and publishes a new revision.  That means you will be stuck on the last working Unraid OS release that includes the driver.  Not saying this will happen but chances are "good" that it might.

• 4 months later...
On 1/16/2019 at 8:30 PM, limetech said:

Found the driver on the Tehuti site.  This driver compiles on linux 4.19 kernel included with upcoming Unraid OS 6.7 release.  However I must point out that as we upgrade the kernel, for example, to move to 4.20 or 5.0, if the driver fails to build then we will omit it until vendor fixes the problem and publishes a new revision.  That means you will be stuck on the last working Unraid OS release that includes the driver.  Not saying this will happen but chances are "good" that it might.

Saw the driver in the 6.7 release notes, slapped the NIC back in and viola! Working great now. I appreciate your help on this. Also take notes for anyone looking for a cheap 10GBe option if you can find one.

6 hours ago, danielcook1996 said:

Saw the driver in the 6.7 release notes, slapped the NIC back in and viola! Working great now. I appreciate your help on this. Also take notes for anyone looking for a cheap 10GBe option if you can find one.

Aquantia based cards are pretty cheap and work well with unRAID. How much did you pay for your card?