issues passing through USB controller on X399 chipset

nic123

Hi there, I've been trying to start using a win 10 VM in unraid as my main computer to cut down on space, power, etc. the server has a Threadripper 1950x, 64gb of ram, a GTX 1080ti, and a GTX 1070, as well as an LSI 9211-8i, and a Samsung 970 Evo 1tb for cache, drives, etc. are irrelevant

The problem comes when I passthrough an entire USB controller. I seem to be getting various errors, and while I stumbled my way through most of them, this one has my stumped. The VM is created, and fine, but now if I try to add the controllers in to the equation I get a generic "internal error: unknown pci source type 'vendor'" and im not sure what could be causing that. Ill add my XML as pastebin below. I would appreciate any help getting this up and running, because its been the bane of my existence for awhile now.

XML: https://pastebin.com/R6Fzsksk

This XML obviously doesnt include the USB controllers since it can't save properly. I'd copy paste my iommu groupings and such, but you wouldn't see the controllers, so unless requested ill refrain from making this post any longer than it needs to be. I've posted on the Unraid subreddit as well, because i've been bashing my head against the wall trying to figure this out for too long now :)

Edit: got help from somewhere else. 

Edited by nic123