VM Freezes on startup

I'm experiencing trouble with setting up VM's on my unraid installation. I'm running a trial version on a HP Proliant microserver. Specifications.

So the problem is when I start up a VM, booting the debian netinstall image, the VM just freezes when I press enter on install. It shows this. This is with SeaBIOS.

But when I use OVMF I get this.

The weird thing is that these problems do not occur with booting a windows 7 installation image.

Does anyone have any clue what could be the problem here?

On 1/20/2019 at 1:29 PM, rix said:

This has serious performance implications, though.

Hi rix.  Do you (or anyone) know a way around this?  I've got the same issue.  I was able to get it installed with virtual CPU, but after the installation, switching it back to host breaks it again - neither VNC nor ssh will work with host, though they both work with virtual CPU.

I was thinking that it could be the fact that I am using an older host architecture (Phenom II 1055t), however on Proxmox with a similar architecture, I am able to install with NoVNC and host CPU with no issue.

*Edit:  I forgot to mention, I tried both Debian and Ubuntu latest versions where I've seen this issue.  I tried all options for VNC display drivers and BIOS as well.

Edited by a1b2c3