Disks in unraid

rtgdata

Hi 
I decided to use unraid on my new server but i have some problems
1. i cant use disk (sdd) in my array i have tried to unassign parity drives, save, add sdd disk but still wont initialize
2. why can i only see 480GB SSD cache when 4x240GB SSD Drive is selected to be cache?
see img.

/René

unraid disk.PNG

Edited by rtgdata
14 minutes ago, rtgdata said:

2. why can i only see 480GB SSD cache when 4x240GB SSD Drive is selected to be cache?

In a cache pool, there is redundancy.  You see 480GB because 2x240GB is available to be used and 2x240GB is the backup in a RAID1 mirror.

How are you trying to use the 'sdd' disk"  As an array data drive?

Edited by Hoopster

You have to wait for parity sync to complete before you can make any additional changes to your disk assignments.

The default for cache pool is btrfs raid1, which mirrors all data in the pool. That is really probably a good idea and you already have plenty of capacity for most purposes in your cache pool with that configuration. Other configurations are possible though. See the FAQ pinned near the top of this same subforum.

thanks i found it

after 6-7 hours the copying to the system become very slow anyone know what could be the problem

i am copying 350GB to a newly created share (now i see these speeds R49.8 KB/W51.9 KB/s)
and 1 new disk of 1TB is clearing
Total size:1 TB

Elapsed time:6 hours, 48 minutes

Current position:648 GB (64.8 %)

Estimated speed:26.2 MB/sec (think this was about 200 when i startet)

Estimated finish:

26 minutes ago, rtgdata said:

maybe nothing 
When i upload iso to the isos folder for a user then its fast
but when i access a share from networkdrive its slow
so i want to know if it was possible to access a share from ftp

I think more detail is needed here. 

Is the file being uploaded winding up being stored on the cache drive? (Usually faster writes, and to be expected)

When accessing the file(s) over the network are drive(s) being required to be spun up?  Is cache dirs plugin installed?

FTP vs SMB should have no noticeable differences in access speed under equivalent circumstances.